Jurassic 5 breaking up after current tour?

BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
edited November 2007 in Other Music
Was trying to find some current news and skimmed past wikipedia and it quoted Soup saying the band is done after this tour, now I am no idiot and know wiki is so unreliable so could someone else with a bit more knowledge about the band confirm or deny this?
It would suck if it was true, I think J5 are one of the best hip hop acts around today.
~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i dont know, but that would fucking figure. i just started listening to them in the past month!
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Good time to call it quits probably, their first few records were absolutely amazing, best hip-hop of this decade but their last album was horrendous.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • power in numbers = wonderful
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    It's true from what I've heard. Cut Chemist, the main producer, wants to go his own way and since Chali 2na has a solo career I think the group decided it was best to go their separate ways.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • I believe Cut Chemist has already left the group. He wasn't on the last album.

Power in Numbers = best hip-hop record of this decade.
    Can't Touch the Bottom:
    10-20-01/ 10-21-01/ 2-26-02/ 12-6-02/ 12-8-02/ 12-9-02/ 6-1-03/ 6-2-03/ 6-3-03/ 6-5-03/ 6-6-03/ 10-25-03/ 10-26-03/ 10-28-03/ 9-1-05/ 9-2-05/ 7-13-06/ 7-15-06/ 7-16-06/ 7-18-06/ 7-20-06/ 7-22-06/ 7-23-06
    I believe Cut Chemist has already left the group. He wasn't on the last album.

Power in Numbers = best hip-hop record of this decade.

I think Quality Control was just as good and yes, he didnt do any production on the last album.........maybe thats why it was crap.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    any J5 fan looking for similar & equally awesome hip-hop, check out blackalicious if you haven't already. their album blazing arrow rivals anything J5 have done, and i'm a J5 fan too. features cut chemist, zack de la rocha, ben harper, lyrics born & more.
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
    i only have quality control. the only copy of power in numbers at the shop near me is the one with the dvd. it's more expensive. is that dvd worth anything?
  • Jurassic 5 probably will not be missed in this world where bullshit hip hop rules the air waves. Thank God Wu Tang is still putting out albums. December 4th is the release date for some original masters before J5.
  • Now if only Maroon 5 would cease and desist...
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Good time to call it quits probably, their first few records were absolutely amazing, best hip-hop of this decade but their last album was horrendous.
    Feedback was fantastic, flat out fantastic. Calling it horrendous is ignorant.

Dublin 08/06
    Saw them last year and was floored, they stayed until EVERYONE, every last person shooks hands and got a signature, and I have so much respect for them as artists, the only thing I noticed was Soup acted like a dick at one point he st down in the middle of a song and started texting. Chali owned the stage, really enjoyed being there and engaged with the crowd, at least any forthcoming material will be something positive to look foward to.
    By the by, anyone check out Cut Chemists record? Loved it.

Dublin 08/06
  • azwyldcats wrote:
    Now if only Maroon 5 would cease and desist...

Creed...RIP
    One Down...Maroon 5...To Go
    Binaural wrote:
    Feedback was fantastic, flat out fantastic. Calling it horrendous is ignorant.

How is it ignorant? Most real J5 fans would agree that it is huge disappointment compared to their other stuff and that they took a step towards selling out with the album.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• How is it ignorant? Most real J5 fans would agree that it is huge disappointment compared to their other stuff and that they took a step towards selling out with the album.

You're right it is the worst album. Not that it's terrible, it's just no where near as good as any of their other releases.

And J5 is done, I thought they announced this right after Feedback came out a year ago. Chali2na's solo should have been out already. He always carried the live shows for the band anyways (as well as Cut and Nu-Mark)
    NERDS!
    How is it ignorant? Most real J5 fans would agree that it is huge disappointment compared to their other stuff and that they took a step towards selling out with the album.
    'Real'? Wow, this looks like its going to be a sensible conversation :rolleyes: Also, the term selling out is a joke coming from a guy that worships Oasis.

Dublin 08/06
    Binaural wrote:
    'Real'? Wow, this looks like its going to be a sensible conversation :rolleyes: Also, the term selling out is a joke coming from a guy that worships Oasis.

how can oasis sell out if they never really had anything to sell out in the first place? i say that as an oasis fan.
    You're right it is the worst album. Not that it's terrible, it's just no where near as good as any of their other releases.

And J5 is done, I thought they announced this right after Feedback came out a year ago. Chali2na's solo should have been out already. He always carried the live shows for the band anyways (as well as Cut and Nu-Mark)

3 decent songs on it, all of which still dont compare to their work before it........I guess its still better than most rap out there but it really is not very good.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Binaural wrote:

You have no clue
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

You have no clue
    Ok wise sage, why don't you explain to the group what 'real' hip hop is?

Dublin 08/06
    Binaural wrote:
    Ok wise sage, why don't you explain to the group what 'real' hip hop is?

Ill just name a few albums to explain

Wu-Tang - Enter The Wu-Tang 36 Chambers
    A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders
    Public Enemy - Yo Bum Rush The Show
    Gangstarr - Hard To Earn
    Dr Octagon - Dr Octagonecolegyst
    Atmosphere - Overcast
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Ill just name a few albums to explain

Wu-Tang - Enter The Wu-Tang 36 Chambers
    A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders
    Public Enemy - Yo Bum Rush The Show
    Gangstarr - Hard To Earn
    Dr Octagon - Dr Octagonecolegyst
    Atmosphere - Overcast
    Any idiot can name a few albums, I know Wu-Tang are a great group, thats not what I asked. The point Im trying to prove is that you cannot explain what 'real' hip hop is because you're just another poser who throws around terms like that to make it seem as though you have a greater understanding of the music. You didn't like the record, fine, but if you're gonna attach that term at least be able to back it up.

Dublin 08/06
    Binaural wrote:
    Any idiot can name a few albums, I know Wu-Tang are a great group, thats not what I asked. The point Im trying to prove is that you cannot explain what 'real' hip hop is because you're just another poser who throws around terms like that to make it seem as though you have a greater understanding of the music. You didn't like the record, fine, but if you're gonna attach that term at least be able to back it up.

Please point out where in this thread I used the term "real hip-hop"
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Please point out where in this thread I used the term "real hip-hop"
    Dude i'm taking the mick.

Dublin 08/06