Anyone got the results of the Led Zep lotterry yet?

2»

Comments

• Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    They did basically the same thing for the Euro David Gilmour tour last year. If tix showed up or sold on ebay, they were cancelled w/o notification. There were quite a few, and a day after they announced that, everything was gone never to return.

I dunno, why more bands don't catch on to that. I am all for capitalism, but I am also all for somethin that makes my tickets cheaper, a maybe a little easier to get.

Super shitty for anyone that bought tix off ebay. But they surely cant ex post facto the rule. If they just announced that, by law, your tix should be safe.
  • While I don't support touts and ebay and all the rest, I would love it if I could throw money at this and get to the gig. But there seems to be no clear way of doing that. Touts and swindlers will always exist where there is a demand. I think they should have made the tickets far more expensive and donated the proceeds to charity. It's a bit elitist, but they could have easily filled the place even if the tickets were a grand for a pair, and by the looks of things, half the audience are going to pay that anyway, just that the money is going to fund touts instead of charities. Like all concerts like this, it;s a kind of no win situation unless you make it elitist. A grand a pair is within anyones grasp that wants to go enough.
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    They did basically the same thing for the Euro David Gilmour tour last year. If tix showed up or sold on ebay, they were cancelled w/o notification. There were quite a few, and a day after they announced that, everything was gone never to return.

I dunno, why more bands don't catch on to that. I am all for capitalism, but I am also all for somethin that makes my tickets cheaper, a maybe a little easier to get.

Super shitty for anyone that bought tix off ebay. But they surely cant ex post facto the rule. If they just announced that, by law, your tix should be safe.

I agree with you scalpers are shit (even tho I've put grub on their table) but I think you're right about the tickets as I have paid for them already and before this announcement so hopefully it'll be cool :D
    I need a coffee!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Irish Al wrote:
    Not gonna panick about it....just gonna see what happens :)

Got return flights for €25 so overall it won't be a massive outlay if they revoke tix....watch this space :D

If they do, come around my place and have a few beers! Thinking of it, come around even if you do have tix :)
    redrock wrote:
    If they do, come around my place and have a few beers! Thinking of it, come around even if you do have tix :)

Might just do that :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,850
    good luck, I hope you dont get screwed.
    Get_Right wrote:
    good luck, I hope you dont get screwed.

Cheers, me too ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Irish Al wrote:
    I agree with you scalpers are shit (even tho I've put grub on their table) but I think you're right about the tickets as I have paid for them already and before this announcement so hopefully it'll be cool :D
    I can't find the link anymore, but I read a statement that the code, CC details and registration would have to match so basically eBay codes are invalid.

sorry. (but then you shouldn't give in to the scalpers and feet the rats!)
  • Pegasus wrote:
    but then you shouldn't give in to the scalpers and feet the rats!

So is it better to make a moral stand and miss out on the concert? I'm never sure. Weighing up the difference it makes against what you're losing out on, I don't think it's worth it. There will always be scalpers as long as people have available funds that they want to spend on sold out gigs, especially in London, where there are a lot of people with a lot of available funds. Hence I think an elevated ticket price which goes to charity is the only way forward for this gig, even if it is just to reduce the touts margins.
    Pegasus wrote:
    I can't find the link anymore, but I read a statement that the code, CC details and registration would have to match so basically eBay codes are invalid.

sorry. (but then you shouldn't give in to the scalpers and feet the rats!)

So what if the people how won the codes didn't have a CC :confused: as I'm sure there are a lot who don't, I wonder what happens then
    I need a coffee!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Irish Al wrote:
    So what if the people how won the codes didn't have a CC :confused: as I'm sure there are a lot who don't, I wonder what happens then

but you need a credit card or debit card to pay for the ticket... i mean you cant post cash in i believe?

and all the Ebay auctions will be either through CCard or Debit or Bank Transfer or PayPal.. the short time limit means no-one could have accepted a cheque, unless it was on trust and who'd be daft enough to do that
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    dunkman wrote:
    but you need a credit card or debit card to pay for the ticket... i mean you cant post cash in i believe?

and all the Ebay auctions will be either through CCard or Debit or Bank Transfer or PayPal.. the short time limit means no-one could have accepted a cheque, unless it was on trust and who'd be daft enough to do that

Think Al is talking about the people who were drawn in the ballot who may not have a credit card ... say it was a 15 year old kid or something who would then want to purchase the two tickets on his Dad's credit card ... the name on the ballot and the name on the ticketmaster order wouldn't match so would presumably be cancelled.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Chime wrote:
    Think Al is talking about the people who were drawn in the ballot who may not have a credit card ... say it was a 15 year old kid or something who would then want to purchase the two tickets on his Dad's credit card ... the name on the ballot and the name on the ticketmaster order wouldn't match so would presumably be cancelled.

then people should read the terms and conditions before signing up.. this is on their website and i think it was part of the "read before you continue" when signing up initially

FAQ wrote:
    2. My friend registered for me / my friend won but he doesn't have a credit card / my friend wants me to have their tickets is that ok?

No, only the winners of the public ballot can purchase the tickets as this is the only way to ensure that all fans have an equal and fair chance of obtaining tickets.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    then people should read the terms and conditions before signing up.. this is on their website and i think it was part of the "read before you continue" when signing up initially

We'll just have to wait and see ;)
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    We'll just have to wait and see ;)

i want you to see them baby... so i hope it all goes well for you chief :)
    dunkman wrote:
    i want you to see them baby... so i hope it all goes well for you chief :)

Cheers my man :D
    I need a coffee!