Exclusive: Zack De La Rocha Wraps First Solo Album

BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
edited September 2007 in Other Music
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003642285

September 18, 2007, 10:40 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
Rage Against The Machine vocalist Zack De La Rocha has completed his first solo album, on which he has been working on and off since first leaving the band in 2000. Billboard.com has learned that De La Rocha worked extensively on the as-yet-untitled project with former the Mars Volta drummer Jon Theodore.

Sources familiar with the album say it features De La Rocha playing keyboards and that the sound is a hybrid of "Led Zeppelin and Dr. Dre. Some of it has the power you'd expect from him in Rage."

A portion of the recording took place recently at Jack Johnson's new eco-friendly studio in Los Angeles. De La Rocha is understood to be unsigned and mulling offers for how to best distribute the album.

Post-Rage, De La Rocha has recorded material with DJ Shadow, Nine Inch Nails' Trent Reznor and the Roots' ?uestlove, but it is unknown if any of these tracks appear on the finished album. One song with Reznor, "We Want It All," appears on the 2004 compilation "Songs and Artists that Inspired Fahrenheit 9/11."

Rage Against The Machine reunited in late April to co-headline the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival and has played a handful of gigs since. The lone shows left on the band's itinerary are in late October at the Voodoo Music Experience in New Orleans and the Vegoose festival in Las Vegas.
Wonder when its gonna be released?
~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I see RATM are also down to play in Australia in the new year. I wonder if this is a permanent reunion or just a cash-in tour now Zack finally has his album out of the way. Those guys do seem to have problems hanging onto frontmen.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/music/rage-on-the-road/2007/09/19/1189881575991.html
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • The fact that he did the album with Jon Theodore means it's definitely going to kick lots of fucking ass.
  • Awesome. Curious to see if any of the Reznor produced tracks will make it on the album. Now they can focus on more important things, like brand new RATM!!
  • Oooooooooo! I'm looking forward to hearing this!
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    this is exciting.. i remember years ago ,when first hearing about the solo project, there was a website that had a new song streaming. unfortunately, i can only remember thinking it was awesome, but i can't remember how the song went=\
  • yeah a Zach solo album would have been cool a few years ago but now that he's reunited with Rage, I WANT A RAGE ALBUM
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    nice!! :D

thanks binaural!

ps. for those down-under, the rumours are rage & pumpkins for Big Day Out 08!!! :D:D:D
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones