TOOL - The 10,000 Days Tour

BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
edited December 2006 in Other Music
I've just got a few questions, I've looked through the other threads but I'm only getting bits and pieces of answers.

1) How long are they on stage?
2) What is the Merchandise like?
3) How are the screen graphics for this tour?
4) Can Maynard pull off Viscarious and Rossetta Stoned live?

PEACE
~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    1) How long are they on stage? about 1.5-2hrs I think it was, average concert length
    2) What is the Merchandise like? my friend's hot friend bought underwear so that was awesome, I think tehre were some cool shirts but I didn't really look because I try not to get merch from concerts that come to town because then you have the same shirt as like 17,000 other people, however if you happen to drive for 24 straight to see Pearl Jam in minnesota then yes it's cool to buy shit
    3) How are the screen graphics for this tour? the screen was part of the stage like, the stage was white and they projected stuff onto that as well as a screen was cool in fact...
    http://www.radiosonic.fm/adam/images/tool_dance.jpg
    http://www.radiosonic.fm/adam/images/tool_yellow.jpg
    http://www.radiosonic.fm/adam/images/tool_maynar.jpg

yeah it was rad, only downside was they didn't seem TOOL enough, just a little too human, for any other band crowd interaction and not being robots is a definite bonus, but with them you kind of want something cool and weird. I should sleep.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    1) How long are they on stage? about 1.5-2hrs I think it was, average concert length
    2) What is the Merchandise like? my friend's hot friend bought underwear so that was awesome, I think tehre were some cool shirts but I didn't really look because I try not to get merch from concerts that come to town because then you have the same shirt as like 17,000 other people, however if you happen to drive for 24 straight to see Pearl Jam in minnesota then yes it's cool to buy shit
    3) How are the screen graphics for this tour? the screen was part of the stage like, the stage was white and they projected stuff onto that as well as a screen was cool in fact...
    http://www.radiosonic.fm/adam/images/tool_dance.jpg
    http://www.radiosonic.fm/adam/images/tool_yellow.jpg
    http://www.radiosonic.fm/adam/images/tool_maynar.jpg
    yeah it was rad, only downside was they didn't seem TOOL enough, just a little too human, for any other band crowd interaction and not being robots is a definite bonus, but with them you kind of want something cool and weird. I should sleep.

Holy shit, the visuals and lighting are beautiful, I really cannot wait for this gig. Whats going to add a nice touch to it is the fact that The Point Theatre has these big drapes that go from the middle of the ceiling to the edge of it making it feel like a kind of tent. It's hard to explain but I think it'll work. I've often wondered about TOOL posters, I mean original artwork is a big part of their music and live shows so I thought they may do something cool with posters, like Pj?

PEACE

Dublin 08/06
  • 1) Just under 2hrs

2) Basically what you'd expect from a tool shirt. Here in Minneapolis the shirts were $38...pretty ridiculous.

3) I was a bit dissapointed that they didn't have a screen to project stuff onto, but having the stage be the screen is brilliant. If you're on the floor you probably won't be able to see it though. My seats were on the lower level on the side about 1/2 way up and was in perfect siteline for all the graphics. Coolest idea I've seen at a show. The lasers during Wings for Marie/10,000 days were phenominal...as was that song, completely epic.

4) For sure. For Rosetta Maynard uses this weird voice scrambling device and it sounds pretty crazy...pulls it off perfectly which surprised me.

I agree 100% with mrwalkerb on the fact that the band seems really "human". For so many years I was used to thinkings of tool as more than just normal people...almost in a mythical way...dark, mysterious, intense. This it's just like seeing any other band as far as looking at them as normal musicians. Does this make any sense? - - probably not :)
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • murph83murph83 Posts: 122
    Binaural wrote:
    I've just got a few questions, I've looked through the other threads but I'm only getting bits and pieces of answers.

PEACE

1)approx 2 hours
    2)Good. Shirts are cool, a little expensive, I think i paid like $46 for mine. Poster is really cool and only $20 (dimensions are 40x60 inches)
    3)Fucking amazing
    4)Yes
  • 1) I saw them in New Jesey two weeks ago it was about 1 and 50 minutes they played. All new stuff except for Stinkfist, Forty Six and 2, Schism, Lateralus, and Ænema,

2) Merchandise was what most said above.. $40 for a t shirt. A huge poster for $20, a $80 sweatshirt, and they also had a dvd of the visuals used on stage which I wish I had picked up after I saw them on stage.

3) Like I said above wish I picked up the dvd they were selling. I thought it was great. I had upper deck second row seats on the side of the stage and It looked awesome cause the visuals were on the stage floor also. Alot better then the cirque soil act they had on stage with them when they toured the last album.

4) Viscarious was great live. I liked it place second to last between Lateralus and Ænema. Rosetta Stoned was pulled off well also. Even though it seem most used it as abeer or bathroom break for some reason.
    1998- MSG 1
    2003- MSG 1 & 2
    2006- Irving Plaza, Albany, NJ 1 & 2
    2008- MSG 1 & 2
    2008- EV NYC 2
    2010- Hartford
    2016- MSG 2
  • murph83murph83 Posts: 122
    2) Merchandise was what most said above.. $40 for a t shirt. A huge poster for $20, a $80 sweatshirt, and they also had a dvd of the visuals used on stage which I wish I had picked up after I saw them on stage.

I didn't even notice the dvd....dammit. I would have definetly picked it up
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Binaural wrote:

4) Can Maynard pull off Vicarious and Rossetta Stoned live?

PEACE

Ad1: In Amsterdam they were on stage for about 100 minutes.
    Ad2: Merchandise was expensive, but the shirts were cool - just like the other tours.
    Ad3: Screen graphics were f*cking amazing. Really nice to see with music of TOOL.
    Ad4: Yes...and Lost Keys...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • swedeswede Posts: 558
    this sounds cool, going to see them in cardiff soon
    This DVD idea sounds very cool, I already know I'll be picking one up, the photos, courteously provided by mrwalkerb, have more than whetted my appetite for their visuals. As for the shirts, they will have to be some badass shirts for me to part with that kind of money, but I will be more than happy with a poster. Anyone going to the Dublin show?

PEACE

Dublin 08/06
    i wish but i cant afford to make that much travelling out n about for the moment.. so im just going to england then head out to the cardiff gig. im so pumped for it, should be amazing. i saw them in oz for their lateralus tour, and i was blown away. hope they pull out eulogy
    Wow, thats a long way to be travelling for a gig. But I don't blame you, TOOL are mindblowing. Personally I'd love to hear Jerk-Off.

PEACE

Dublin 08/06
    Binaural wrote:
    Wow, thats a long way to be travelling for a gig. But I don't blame you, TOOL are mindblowing. Personally I'd love to hear Jerk-Off.

PEACE

ah im currently travelling, was in the states n canada for about 2 and a half months.. currently in sweden. wanna see a lot of europe n heading out to london shortly but im seeing V V who lives out in Bath... which isnt too far from cardiff! so yeh, thats my travel plans and why i can catch tool there. so im pretty stoked.

got to see pj 4 times whilst touring about nth america which was a treat :)
  • This was the setlist for I'm pretty sure every show they played the last US leg. I wish they played Eulogy H. Parabol/Parabola. But I'm pretty sure this will be the setlist for the Overseas tour as well. Im thinking cause the visuals go with the songs Its hard to change sets everynight.

Stinkfist
    The Pot
    Forty Six & 2
    Jambi
    Schism
    Lost Keys
    Rosetta Stoned
    Wings For Marie
    10,000 Days
    Lateralus
    Vicarious
    Ænema

Here is a link to the dvd. There selling it on the offical Tool site. https://www.toolband.com/catalog/ Go to cd, dvds etc, Its Disturb the Normal dvd its $20.
    1998- MSG 1
    2003- MSG 1 & 2
    2006- Irving Plaza, Albany, NJ 1 & 2
    2008- MSG 1 & 2
    2008- EV NYC 2
    2010- Hartford
    2016- MSG 2
    This was the setlist for I'm pretty sure every show they played the last US leg. I wish they played Eulogy H. Parabol/Parabola. But I'm pretty sure this will be the setlist for the Overseas tour as well. Im thinking cause the visuals go with the songs Its hard to change sets everynight.

Stinkfist
    The Pot
    Forty Six & 2
    Jambi
    Schism
    Lost Keys
    Rosetta Stoned
    Wings For Marie
    10,000 Days
    Lateralus
    Vicarious
    Ænema

Here is a link to the dvd. There selling it on the offical Tool site. https://www.toolband.com/catalog/ Go to cd, dvds etc, Its Disturb the Normal dvd its $20.

I know the live songs are each pretty lengthy, does that work well or does the show/ indiv. songs feel dragged out?

PEACE

Dublin 08/06
  • I'm hoping there will be some sorta change to the setlist. what is somewhat disappointing is that after they added Wings/10k days to the list, they dropped Sober and Opiate off entirely.

I've seen them 3 times so far this year...and will be seeing them twice on the upcoming European Tour (Munich & Stuttgart) before catching them on the Australian tour back in Melbourne...so I hope that somewhere in these shows i'll get to see 'The Patient' and 'Third Eye' (my favourite Tool songs) live.
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014
  • Saw Tool over the weekend...Wings+10,000 Days was INCREDIBLE. Worth the price of admission.
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014
  • I saw them last night at Nottingham, they were absolutely superb.
    the visuals were breathtaking.
    The t-shirts and merch were cool, i got myslef a tee for £20.
    highly recommend.
  • PJ_46and2 wrote:
    I saw them last night at Nottingham, they were absolutely superb.
    the visuals were breathtaking.
    The t-shirts and merch were cool, i got myslef a tee for £20.
    highly recommend.
    I saw them last night too.
    I saw them in June at Download but I enjoyed last night a lot more, even though they didn't play Sober (but we got Wings Part 1&2)
  • MansMans Posts: 57
    Tool is not the band that changes the set-list. Take what what you get and love it!!! I saw them just a month ago and I'm still getting over it. BY FAR A GREAT FUCKN" SHOW!!!!
    It's On The Inside And I Can't Get It Off.