Ben Harper records new album in Paris

BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
edited May 2007 in Other Music
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003581298

Ben Harper Sends Out 'Lifeline' In August
Ben Harper

May 04, 2007, 6:05 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
Ben Harper hunkered down in a Paris recording studio with his band the Innocent Criminals to track his new album, "Lifelines," due Aug. 28 via Virgin. The 11-song set was completed in just seven days using only analog equipment.

"I had always wanted to make a record in Paris ... because it's Paris," Harper says. "And I had always wanted to make a record directly coming off of a tour. It just makes sense. You've got all your best equipment and your musical abilities are never as sharp or as heightened as when you've been consistently on the road."

The follow-up to last year's "Both Sides of the Gun" begins with the soulful "Fight Outta You" and continues in a loose, expressive style throughout. Other highlights include the happy-go-lucky "Say You Will" and "Put It on Me," the regretful ballad "Fool for a Lonesome Train" and the piano-tinged "Having Wings."

Harper, who performs tonight (May 4) in Claremont, Calif., will be on the road throughout the summer, including some dates with Tom Morello's the Nighwatchman project. He will also appear at Lollapalooza in early August in Chicago.

In addition, Harper's cover of John Lennon's "Beautiful Boy" will be released June 12 on the Warner Bros. charity album "Instant Karma: The Amnesty International Campaign."

Here is the track list for "Lifelines":

"Fight Outta You"
"In the Colors"
"Fool for a Lonesome Train"
"Needed You Tonight"
"Having Wings"
"Say You Will"
"Younger Than Today"
"Put It on Me"
"Heart of Matters"
"Paris Sunrise #7"
"Lifeline"

That was fast, this guy really pumps out the tunes :)
~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Sweet
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    bump
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    I Love It, He Comes Out With A Double Album And A Year Later He's Already Releasing Another One.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05