Who is 'Judith'?

BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
edited December 2006 in Other Music
If any of you listen to TOOL then you'll know who I'm talking about. At the Dublin show Maynard whispered "Today is Judiths birthday". Who is she? I got the impression from Wings For Marie and 10,000 Days (Wings Part 2) that she could be Maynards mother. Anyone know anything or got any thoughts?
~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Leo86Leo86 Posts: 165
    I dunno but theres an A Perfect Circle song called Judith too.
    Dublin 23/08/06
    Wembley 18/06/07
  • "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Binaural wrote:
    If any of you listen to TOOL then you'll know who I'm talking about. At the Dublin show Maynard whispered "Today is Judiths birthday". Who is she? I got the impression from Wings For Marie and 10,000 Days (Wings Part 2) that she could be Maynards mother. Anyone know anything or got any thoughts?

It is his mother. Marie is her middle name I believe. 10,000 Days/Wings For Marie seems to be about her death. Judith, the APC song, is also about her.
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Cool, this is exactly what I thought, just wanted to be sure. Fuck, I knew there was something about the way he played that song in Dublin. Its interesting to see how there was an emotional shift from the way in whcih he talked in the song Judith to the way that he talked in 10,000 Days, in the song he talks as though he's angry at himself.

Dublin 08/06
  • Binaural wrote:
    Cool, this is exactly what I thought, just wanted to be sure. Fuck, I knew there was something about the way he played that song in Dublin. Its interesting to see how there was an emotional shift from the way in whcih he talked in the song Judith to the way that he talked in 10,000 Days, in the song he talks as though he's angry at himself.

i think the fact that between the writing of judith and 10,000 days his mother died affected the way in which he writes about her.
    www.facebook.com/PandoraApparel
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    i think the fact that between the writing of judith and 10,000 days his mother died affected the way in which he writes about her.

Thats what I was getting at.

Dublin 08/06
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    mwachsman wrote:

That is really interesting stuff....and I have to admit I look at these songs totally different now...thanks for posting :D
    I need a coffee!
  • mwachsman wrote:

That's some really interesting stuff. It seems like his mother's death really changed his views on religion. MJK has a really good way with words, those two songs on 10,000 days are really moving.
  • Great post, truly interesting.

Thank you :)

Time to get out Mer Der Noms again
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Sorry, just re-read those lyrics to 10,000 days again...fuck....they're amazing...
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    judith is my mum. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • spatspat Posts: 644
    wow...just wow...i've known for a while judith by APC was about his mom, but never realized the whole 10,000 days connection...reading over those lyrics, part 2 especially, now knowing what they're about...thats some powerful stuff.
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Great post, truly interesting.

Thank you :)

Time to get out Mer Der Noms again

Seriously. Great album.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,230
    yeah great album and great band a must see for anyone who has not seen tool they fucking rock .............
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....