Options

Anyone ever met Maynard James Keenan?

2»

Comments

• Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    pouch15 wrote:
    Thanks, I think Ill go with Aienma.
    Make sure to listen to Eulogy twice. No hidden noises or anything, it just fucking rocks :D
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    korbykorby Posts: 298
    im gonna crank up some tool now.

while were on the subject
    its ok
  • Options
    Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    Dunno if anyone has seen this but its a clip where a fan gets on stage and Maynard does a jujitsu move on him and then sits on the fan while still singing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-wE5LtDKPU
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    the other day, I dreamed that I dropped acid with Maynard and then we hung out for a bit. he was cool.

I know it wasn't real life though... :D
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    dave grolschdave grolsch Posts: 730
    korby wrote:
    im gonna crank up some tool now.

while were on the subject
    what a fucking great idea,you have inspired me!
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 366
    i think i passed him on the street one day but i'm 6'2" so i don't know for sure since i was looking up and the top of his head is at 4'6"
  • Options
    chrisopaloozachrisopalooza Posts: 347
    based on most responses, this kinda helps the theory that frontmen of LA or NY bands are pricks. i am sure there are a few exceptions, but, ya know....they all think their shit doesn't stink.
  • Options
    ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    Haijay wrote:
    i think i passed him on the street one day but i'm 6'2" so i don't know for sure since i was looking up and the top of his head is at 4'6"

:D
  • Options
    faceinthecloudsfaceintheclouds Posts: 1,739
    i met him on the first apc tour. and yes he was a dick. he walked past us the first time and said he would be out in a min. an hour later he comes out and tells us to hurry up his nails were drying. the next time i saw them he blew right past everyone. the rest of the band came out tough and signed stuff. imo, hes kinda a dick.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    MohabMohab Posts: 310
    Too fucking sucks, anyonme who likes them who is older than 16 has been fooled. His 'art' is shit, lyrically, musically, conceptually and so on. Defending him becasue hes talented is a joke, and saying he only respects people as smart as him is too. His art is pseudo , and it fucking sucks the big one.
  • Options
    pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
    Mohab wrote:
    Too fucking sucks, anyonme who likes them who is older than 16 has been fooled. His 'art' is shit, lyrically, musically, conceptually and so on. Defending him becasue hes talented is a joke, and saying he only respects people as smart as him is too. His art is pseudo , and it fucking sucks the big one.

I just like Tool's music, Maynard probably is a dickhead but who cares. I just listen to the music and don't worry about all this other bullshit that everyone nit-picks.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Mohab wrote:

I guess that Maynard is one sneaky mutherfucker...he's fooled a few thousand people. Maynard for President! Maybe he can brainwash people better than Bush.

I am always one to say everyone is entilted to their opinion, and I here's mine: your comments about anyone "who is older than 16 has been fooled" is the most unintelligent thing i've ever heard. Just plain stupid. And for the record, i'm not even really a Tool fan.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    I just like Tool's music, Maynard probably is a dickhead but who cares. I just listen to the music and don't worry about all this other bullshit that everyone nit-picks.

I listened too it for years, but always with an ever increasing feeling that Tool's music/art (esp.), Maynard himself, his band and the whole Tool hype machine was awry. Basically I turned seventeen.

I felt embarrassed to have once taken them seriously, but unlike other bands that teens find appealing, Tool I feel bad for liking. Musically I find them a non event. Lyrically Maynard has nothing, its all so stylized and apparently deep and mysterious, raw, passionate etc. Its all bullshit if you ask me. Also, although with some musicians and other artists one needs to get past the people involved themsleves to appreciate their work, I say fuck that, for th most part. Art and music are often too personal not to reveal the character of the person creating it. In Tool's case, it reveals a prima donna much like the ones in tools Aeimea lyrics.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,487
    Mohab wrote:

oh ok if you say so i will throw all their music away and refuse to go the show because MOHAB told me so, dude your are the one that is fooled ....the thread is about if you ever met maynard not wether he is a dick ......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I wasn't telling you not to like them, just that I think they are majorly shit.
    and I WAS referring to what I think of Maynard. That hes a dick.
    I never met george bush but i cold tell you what I thought.
  • Options
    tool's music really isn't intended for high school kids. they listen to it because they think it's dark and angry (just like they perceive themselves), but the truth is that most of them don't have the ability to comprehend the depth of the music or lyrics. they think the pot is about smoking pot...

"yay! they wrote a song about smoking pot! that's sooooo cool!" :rolleyes:

then again, i started listening to tool in high school, so it's not really my place to judge...
  • Options
    harrymanbackharrymanback Posts: 435
    do you think maynard was a prick during this meet and greet?

http://www.toolband.com/news/index.html
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.