edited August 2007 in Other Music
~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• huh. can't say i'm surprised.

this is why I listen to Pearl Jam and not Pantera, who are almost unlistenable anyway, imo.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    saw him in Down and he just kept telling me i was a mother fucker and that i should jump and shit :S
  • lastexitlastexit Posts: 257
    Phil Anselmo fucks dogs.
  • funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    this is why I listen to Pearl Jam and not Pantera, who are almost unlistenable anyway, imo.

That's too bad. I love both but it all depends on what mood I'm in. I wish I could have seen Pantera live.
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    he reminds me of a mongo and I don't care at all for Pantera outside of some of Dimebag's heavy riffs. but I listened to that whole deal, and this is what he basically said.......

1. rap sucks
    2. white people should be proud just like other races are proud

I agree with both of those sentiments. is he a racist? maybe. but he didn't make any racist statements or use any racist slurs in that whole little speech.

ps. I remember when I was in high school in the early 90s and a lot of the black students wore shirts that said stuff like "Real men ARE black" and "It's a black thing, you wouldn't understand". that's racist shit that they never got called on. and he's right, if a white student wore a shirt that said "Pantera's a white thing, you wouldn't understand", they'd be run out of school on a rail.
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    funkymonk wrote:
    That's too bad. I love both but it all depends on what mood I'm in. I wish I could have seen Pantera live.

I agree.. Pantera used to be my favorite band. They were so heavy, but melodic at the same time! I saw them live 3 times. One concert was an indoor show with the Deftones, White Zombie, and Pantera. I left the show and my ears hurt so bad that when we got into the car, the soft noise of the air conditioning coming through the vents hurt my ears!! We had to drive home with the A/C off!! :D:D
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • Them-BonesThem-Bones Posts: 518
    MLC2006 wrote:
    he reminds me of a mongo and I don't care at all for Pantera outside of some of Dimebag's heavy riffs. but I listened to that whole deal, and this is what he basically said.......

1. rap sucks

I agree with both of those sentiments. is he a racist? maybe. but he didn't make any racist statements or use any racist slurs in that whole little speech.

ps. I remember when I was in high school in the early 90s and a lot of the black students wore shirts that said stuff like "Real men ARE black" and "It's a black thing, you wouldn't understand". that's racist shit that they never got called on. and he's right, if a white student wore a shirt that said "Pantera's a white thing, you wouldn't understand", they'd be run out of school on a rail.

Couldn't agree more, whats wrong with being proud of your race, I guess it's only a problem if your white.
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    MLC2006 wrote:

1. rap sucks

I call him an asshole because the conept of race has no scientific basis and is a just a form of social control that has led to nothing other than violence and discrimination. So Im not calling him an asshole because he's racist, but because he so stupid.

Dublin 08/06
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Them-Bones wrote:
    Couldn't agree more, whats wrong with being proud of your race, I guess it's only a problem if your white.
    Nope, not just white. There's no need to be sarcastic, and don't be so quick to jump to conclusions.

Dublin 08/06
  • what about the black pantera fans?
    Fav. Bands
    My Morning Jacket
    Pearl Jam
    Neil Young
    Wilco
    Tool
    Rush
    Drive By Truckers

pj shows
    8/17/98
    8/15/00
    8/18/00
    8/20/00
    6/22/03
    10/2/04
    8/5/07
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    Them-Bones wrote:

i'm white and i'm proud. ops sorry was that a not a pc thing to say? :D
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    Binaural wrote:
    I call him an asshole because the conept of race has no scientific basis and is a just a form of social control that has led to nothing other than violence and discrimination. So Im not calling him an asshole because he's racist, but because he so stupid.

i can see what you mean.