Interpol

Vedder Lukin GoodVedder Lukin Good Posts: 25
edited April 2008 in Other Music
I just listened to Antics and thought this album kicked some major ass. This was the first time that I had ever listened to them. Any recomendations on any other albums or songs by them?
11/01/95-Salt Lake City
11/02/95-Salt Lake City
06/20/98-Missoula, Mt
11/03/00-Boise
12/08/02-Seattle
12/09/02-Seattle
06/07/03-Phoenix
10/25/03-Shoreline (Bridge School Concert)
09/01/05 The Gorge
07/06/06 Las Vegas
07/22/06 The Gorge
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• VMGACgVMGACg Posts: 135
    my fav interpol songs: (excluding antics which youve heard)

from Turn On the Bright Lights:

-Obstacle 1
    -Obstacle 2
    -NYC
    -PDA

from Our Love To Admire:

-Pioneer To the Falls
    - No I In Threesome
    -The Scale
    -Mammouth
    -Pace Is the Trick
    -Rest My Chemistry

im a pretty big fan so im a little biased but those are good ones.
    I am questioning my education
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    As they only have 3 albums under their belt, their first album, "Turn On The Bright Lights" would be the next logical step. Digest Antics and Bright Lights fully.

I never recommend songs because I think, as a rule, an album is a body of work that really should be appreciated as a whole. Surely not all artists/bands are so able at putting out albums that are solid from front to back, but Interpol is.

Their last album, Our Love To Admire" has a much more orchestral shift but it's still Interpol-style and quite a solid album.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    dharma69 wrote:
    As they only have 3 albums under their belt, their first album, "Turn On The Bright Lights" would be the next logical step. Digest Antics and Bright Lights fully.

I never recommend songs because I think, as a rule, an album is a body of work that really should be appreciated as a whole. Surely not all artists/bands are so able at putting out albums that are solid from front to back, but Interpol is.

Their last album, Our Love To Admire" has a much more orchestral shift but it's still Interpol-style and quite a solid album.

agree with this post entirely. turn on the bright lights is my favorite of theirs.
    and i also just have to say anytime i see a post by you i chuckle at the bluntness of your signature.
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    dharma69 wrote:

I've actually come to love their latest album more than the first two ... I'm really into these guys right now.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    r1vers wrote:
    agree with this post entirely. turn on the bright lights is my favorite of theirs.
    and i also just have to say anytime i see a post by you i chuckle at the bluntness of your signature.
    Then my work here is done.

;).

FaceSpace
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,227
    I would next try Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures or Closer. Startling, really...
  • FunkdogFunkdog Posts: 85
    I recommend seeing them live, I've seen them 2x last time being last october in SF at the civic auditorium and they were solid both x.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure" - H.J.S.

"I have come here to chew bubble-gum, and kick ass! And I'm all out of bubble-gum!" R.P.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Turn On The Bright Lights is their best record and one of my favorites of the decade.

Also check out Editors and Joy Division.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
    Turn On The Bright Lights is their best record and one of my favorites of the decade.

Also check out Editors and Joy Division.
    I've seen Editors twice this year...so brilliant in their own right and far, far from the "poor man's Interpol" label they sometimes get tagged with.

FaceSpace
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    dharma69 wrote:
    I've seen Editors twice this year...so brilliant in their own right and far, far from the "poor man's Interpol" label they sometimes get tagged with.

Honestly, I think Editors are way better live. I think they have been more consistent with their music too than Interpol.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • TURN ON THE BRIGHT LIGHTS- is one of the greatest albums ever made !!!!!!!!!
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    About a month ago I was on a massive Interpol kick... I couldn't stop listening to them. Turn on the Bright Lights is an amazing album. The other two are great also, but they don't quite reach the consistency of the first one.

Great band when you're in the mood for them. Haven't listened to them lately though, as the warming weather always makes me listen to brighter/lighter stuff.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
    Honestly, I think Editors are way better live. I think they have been more consistent with their music too than Interpol.
    Fantastic live...especially when Smith is climbing the furniture. That's one expressive frontman.

And his baritone is even richer live than on the album.

I can't simply say that Editors are better live because Editors live/recorded and Interpol live/recorded are two different animals that give me two different things musically, live and recorded. I'd hate to have tickets to both shows on the same night and have to decide which one I'm going to go to!

FaceSpace
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    dharma69 wrote:
    Fantastic live...especially when Smith is climbing the furniture. That's one expressive frontman.

And his baritone is even richer live than on the album.

I can't simply say that Editors are better live because Editors live/recorded and Interpol live/recorded are two different animals that give me two different things musically, live and recorded. I'd hate to have tickets to both shows on the same night and have to decide which one I'm going to go to!

well said...
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez