The Colour

jammerfalljammerfall Posts: 908
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Saw these guys do an in-store awhile back and really liked them.

From Rhapsody:
The Colour debuted in early 2007 on EMI's Re:Think Records. Pulling together different corners of classic, garage, and brit rock, they created a parachute of new music unlike any of their parent label contemporaries. The vocals are pure Police, the rhythms are a little Stones and a little Zeppelin, the composition is mature, and the venues they booked all combined to pin them "ones to watch." It also didn't hurt that they intro'd their debut by touring with Mat Kearny.

Not sure of The Police comparison, more Robert Smith than Sting to me. Bought their debut called "Between Earth & Sky" today; good stuff. Anyone else know of them?
"Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Clifwith1fClifwith1f Posts: 143
    I love the couple songs of theirs I've heard on the radio, and I'm going to see them here in Chattanooga next Monday, the 9th. I'm excited. From what I've been reading on them, it seems like they're really building momentum fast. And their live show is supposed to be awesome.
  • Clifwith1fClifwith1f Posts: 143
    Just got back from their show at Rhythm and Brews. I showed up a little late because of work, but I really liked what I saw. I came in in the middle of "Save Yourself", which is my favorite song of theirs. There were only about 50-60 people there, which surprised me. They definitely put on a great rock show, and I'd recommend them to anyone near any of their future venues.