Cat Power

Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
edited February 2008 in Other Music
I think I'm in love with this woman. Her and her music.

anyone else a fan? :cool:
"I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Fan here, started listening when The Greatest came out. Slowly grabbing the rest of the back catalog. Incredible voice.

Her cover of Stuck Inside of Mobile (With the Memphis Blues Again) off the I'm Not There soundtrack may be my favorite Dylan cover ever.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I was just going to say that her cover of stuck inside... on that soundtrack is amazing. Her new album wil be great and I still cant get enough of the album 'the greatest'.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I might have to listen to that Stuck inside of mobile cover then :)

My favourite album of hers is by far You Are Free. Maybe Not and Fool are two of the most amazing songs I have heard in a long long time.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
    im stupid

i traded aaway my limited edition of the greatest
    set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out
  • I've only just heard some of this because of this thread. Some nice stuff, yep.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • she's brilliant
    i'm seeing her on wed...taking my sis who never goes to shows
    it'll be the 4th time this year and each time has been amazing and different
    (1st with memphis band backing her, then solo, then with a rock band and now this tour..)

all of her records are brilliant, but i esp love moon pix

go see her if she's playing anywhere around
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Beck..Beck.. Posts: 535
    I saw her on jools holland the other night, sexy women.
  • im in love with her too, i knew a few of her songs for a while now, but only recently did i buy a few of her al;bums, you Are Free is amazing as well as the Greatest. her newest Jukebox is great i love Ramblin Woman and her reworking of Metal Heart
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    'maybe not' is one of my fav songs ever

just discovered her last year and love her
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I've seen Cat Power live three times . As much as I like her on cd, nothing beats seeing her live. Her show at the FUC ( First Unitarian Church , Philly) several years ago was one of my alltime faves. Amazing songs/lyrics plus piano plus sultry woman with amazing voice = HOLY S***!!
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff