Options

river of deceit

Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
edited December 2005 in Other Music
is it me or is this absolutely unbelievable. just listen to the lyrics and tune. unbelievable.

My pain is self-chosen
At least, so The Prophet says
I could either burn
Or cut off my pride and buy some time
A head full of lies is the weight, tied to my waist
The River of Deceit pulls down, oh oh
The only direction we flow is down
Down, oh down
Down, oh down
Down, oh down
Down, oh down
My pain is self-chosen
At least I believe it to be
I could either drown
Or pull off my skin and swim to shore
Now I can grow a beautiful shell for all to see
The River of Deceit pulls down, yeah
The only direction we flow is down
Down, oh down
Down, oh down
Down, oh down
Down, oh down
The pain is self-chosen, yeah
Our pain is self-chosen
"I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    a classic for sure!
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    river is such an awesome song
  • Options
    yeah awesome song..
    that whole album is amazing...Layne Staley is the man
    Master of Zen
  • Options
    I highly recommend Mad Season - Live at the Moore. Layne Staley and Mike McCready with a doubleneck guitar. Mike is frickin blistering in that video.
    PJ Cincy 00, Lex 03, Columbus 03, Hershey 03, Benaroya 03, Boston 9/28/04, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, St.L 04, Asheville 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Hamilton 05, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Philly 05, Chicago I & II 06, Cincy 06, Las Vegas 06, SD 06, EV LA2 08, Columbia 08, Camden I & II 08
  • Options
    pipedreams wrote:
    I highly recommend Mad Season - Live at the Moore. Layne Staley and Mike McCready with a doubleneck guitar. Mike is frickin blistering in that video.
    i second that, this video is AMAZING!
    this whole album is so beautiful.
  • Options
    you all are makin' me cry!
    I LOVE that song (and all of Mad Season) cannot get over the desperation in "all Alone" it only has like 2 lines, but just the intensity in the voice.

I totally miss that voice.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    i second that, this video is AMAZING!
    this whole album is so beautiful.
    I third this!! Fucking amazing show. The Ten Club has rumored that they are trying to release this DVD. I downloaded it some time ago....and I also got with it the rehersal disc for the Moore show with that awesome interview with Mike after it.

You know it...Above is one awesome album and Mad Season is by far my favorite PJ side project. Mike Fucking McCread is the MAN and yeah...I sure do miss Layne.
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    LOVE this song! And yes...it surely does attack my heart. :( Layne was definitely in his music 110% and just makes you feel the loss a million times more. :(

This song is absolutely gorgeous. Mad Season = guaranteed greatness. I mean really. I MUST see Live at the Moore!!!!

It's a rainy overcasty day and this song sounds perfect right about now. :o

I miss this voice too...and this face...and this spirit....just, everything. :(

{{RIP LAYNE}}
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    LOVE this song! And yes...it surely does attack my heart. :( Layne was definitely in his music 110% and just makes you feel the loss a million times more. :(

This song is absolutely gorgeous. Mad Season = guaranteed greatness. I mean really. I MUST see Live at the Moore!!!!

It's a rainy overcasty day and this song sounds perfect right about now. :o

I miss this voice too...and this face...and this spirit....just, everything. :(

{{RIP LAYNE}}
    LYD?! :eek: do you not have Live at the Moore? Well, we must change that sis ;) *coughlatexmasgiftcough* :)