Options

Grind by AIC

Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
edited June 2006 in Other Music
just seen the video on MTV2 (after tool's schism would you believe? they are showing awesome stuff today. Would? was on earlier too!!!) and it reminded me how much of an underrated song it is, as well as Tripod being one of the most underrated albums of the 90s. anyone agree?
"I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    woow
    Grind is like sooo rare, 1/9999999999999999999999999999999999
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    jesus christ wtf

what channel

Grind is like sooo rare, 1/9999999999999999999999999999999999
    mtv2 dude. they are doing a rock afternoon because ofthe date (06/06/06- number of the beast :D)

they showed would? earlier and now grind, plus much other cool shit like Tool, PJ etc.

I've seen grind once before on sky, not to mention Hunger strike by TOTD twice (!!!!) which surprised the fuck outta me.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    yeh I agree on the whole Tripod album being underrated.
    It's got a great mixture of slow,dark and some of the heavier stuff that the band has done.
    The music videos for "Again" and "Grind" are awesome too.
    Personally it's my fave full length album from the band...God Am is one of the best AiC songs too imo.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    mtv2 dude. they are doing a rock afternoon because ofthe date (06/06/06- number of the beast :D)

they showed would? earlier and now grind, plus much other cool shit like Tool, PJ etc.

I've seen grind once before on sky, not to mention Hunger strike by TOTD twice (!!!!) which surprised the fuck outta me.

hahaha i edited , but not soon enough

woaw shit, i gotta get my ass upstairs to the tv
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh I agree on the whole Tripod album being underrated.
    It's got a great mixture of slow,dark and some of the heavier stuff that the band has done.
    The music videos for "Again" and "Grind" are awesome too.
    Personally it's my fave full length album from the band...God Am is one of the best AiC songs too imo.
    God Am is mindblowing and coming straight after the stunning "shame in you" it is even better. I'm personally a Dirt fan and it is my favourite album EVER but Tripod is still stunning and way too underrated in my opinion. I also love the spoken sections of Sludge Factory and Frogs.

"Your weapon is guilt" - I am so getting that tatooed somewhere
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    hahaha i edited , but not soon enough

woaw shit, i gotta get my ass upstairs to the tv
    heh dont worry about it. I'm just too quick to check my own topics
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    heh dont worry about it. I'm just too quick to check my own topics

SEEING AIC ON SATERDAY BECUASE OF DOWNLOAD

only a fucking 40 minute slot when like coheed and cambria get like 1 hour and shit. Its like clutch only get 30 mins and have 8 albums and some crappy emo indie band gets like 1 hour as they have like 2 albums.

anyone seeing aic at astoria?
  • Options
    At The Drive In Now!
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    SEEING AIC ON SATERDAY BECUASE OF DOWNLOAD

only a fucking 40 minute slot when like coheed and cambria get like 1 hour and shit. Its like clutch only get 30 mins and have 8 albums and some crappy emo indie band gets like 1 hour as they have like 2 albums.

anyone seeing aic at astoria?
    THEY ARE GETTING 40 MINUTES????? WHAT THE FUCK!!!??????? I actually got so pissed off when I saw that download were billing AiC below shit like alter bridge that I refused to go but I may well see them at the astoria. Have fun though. I am jealous :D

Ps, who thinks Alice should leave a mic stand out for Layne?
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    At The Drive In Now!
    the already showed one armed scissor earlier. I guess they are just repeating so AiC should be on again later I assume.
  • Options
    Dude What The Fuck Is This Shit!!

The Vide On Now..

Yeh I Just Turned It On... I Have To Run Upstairs For Sky Digital And Downstairs For My Pc Lol
  • Options
    sabbath - paranoid
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    "Your weapon is guilt" - I am so getting that tatooed somewhere
    that line is so powerful..I love those spoken parts too...they give me major chills.
    I hope for Jerry's next album he ventures into something dark like the Tripod album.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    that line is so powerful..I love those spoken parts too...they give me major chills.
    I hope for Jerry's next album he ventures into something dark like the Tripod album.
    well to be honest degradation trip was pretty dark in laces but I now what you mean. And yeah, those spoken part are amazing and really weird if you listen in the dark. I just found a transcipt of what he says.

"I bear true and an existing witness
    to this barrel of monkeys.
    A self proclaimed immoral success,
    perfected by each whereof
    individually deadly and equally so
    and spread about the surrendered troops,
    for even thousands of miles will not
    tear apart their communication, or the lack thereof.
    Vultures, liars, thieves, each proclaim their innocence
    In no suggestion or rhyme, your weapon is contained in
    the wrecking of the keeping the desired effect.
    The breaking of the spirit thwarts the whole being.
    Your weapon is guilt, your weapon is guilt, your weapon is guilt.
    Guilt."

That is truly awesome. which reminds me, has anyone seen Layne's poem "core"? It is so moving it's unreal. Gimme a sec and I'll post it
  • Options
    Core - Layne Staley

Self imprisonment
    I suppose somewhere inside me
    I yearn for freedom from
    That which holds me stagnant
    Overexaggeration turns underestimated
    Emotion...
    Emotion. Why the urgency to hide and
    Slow the flow of that which could,
    And perhaps will, improve, and
    Heal the burning inside?
    I am protecting my pain
    It is mine
    And I so badly want to keep my
    Pain to myself
    But, in doing so I am hurting
    So many who cross me, or care for me,
    Aching for love and acceptance,
    Only to throw you down in the latter
    Of our shared love
    Yet anger and guilt not shared
    Between me and you
    You are blamed for all that is a
    Mystery within myself...burning
    Oh, I pray that I might someday
    Throw a blanket over that angry
    Child
    If the strength is found within the
    Core of my being
    His tears soak my heart and
    Weight it down
    I am drowning, and I am tired,
    And so very, very lonely
    I am.

whoa...
  • Options
    acdc - back in black

what time was grind,would? and schism on?
    ?
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    acdc - back in black

what time was grind,would? and schism on?
    ?

would? was on hours ago and schism and grind were played back to back just as I started this thread
  • Options
    did i just miss audioslave?
  • Options
    JUST SAW WOULD?

it might be going in a playlist..
  • Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Underrated album I agree, but Grind, no. I hear Grind on the radio all the time (never watch MTV) and that's the one that leaked out early from the album. I love that song too!
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Tripod is a great album, gets overlooked though, probably due to Dirt.

I love Facelift too, some heavy stuff on there. I just like all their stuff :D

The video to Grind is cool by the way. Must get my music bank dvd out actually come to think of it.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    Tripod is a great album, gets overlooked though, probably due to Dirt.

I love Facelift too, some heavy stuff on there. I just like all their stuff :D

The video to Grind is cool by the way. Must get my music bank dvd out actually come to think of it.
    well to be honest anything would get overshadowed by Dirt because in my opinion that album is a masterpiece
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    well to be honest anything would get overshadowed by Dirt because in my opinion that album is a masterpiece
    another reason why I prefer Tripod is that I never skip a track...from start to end it's like a great journey.
    I often skip "Dirt" and "Angry Chair" whenever I listen to Dirt.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    another reason why I prefer Tripod is that I never skip a track...from start to end it's like a great journey.
    I often skip "Dirt" and "Angry Chair" whenever I listen to Dirt.
    you skip Dirt? I love that song. I also love angry chair but I do skip it sometimes. I skip more some on tripod though like nothin' song and sometimes brush away (although I do like it)
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:

It's a great album but I wouldn't say it's their best in my opinon. You know when songs are kinda played to death and you sick of them, well sometimes that's how they sound to me.
    Whereas Facelift, now those songs never get old for me.

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    It's a great album but I wouldn't say it's their best in my opinon. You know when songs are kinda played to death and you sick of them, well sometimes that's how they sound to me.
    Whereas Facelift, now those songs never get old for me.
    I did play Dirt literally to death and the songs lost their magic a bit but it returned after a break. I do have to say I think it is easily their best album and incredibly accessible given the content. Facelift was more accessible but not so deep, Tripod was very deep but not so accessible. Dirt is in between
  • Options
    Down in a Hole is probably my fav off of that album at the moment. Great song and great video also.

Rockin' out to Creadles