Faith No More fans

Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
edited January 2007 in Other Music
I know there are a few Faith No More fans around here so I thought I'd share this. I found a live show from Chile in 1991 on google videos. has basically tracks from The Real Thing and a couple of others. I'm downloading right now (y'hear that youtube? DOWNLOADING!) and thought that others might like to do the same. Pro-shot by the way, and the quality will be better once downloaded. the google player degrades a little.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=8463329246245700693&q=Faith+No+More
"I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    hey, thanks for the link. I much more enjoy the 44 minute performance on that page from a 1997 concert in Europe. I hadn't seen any performances from this era. I almost thought they had a new guitarist at this point, because he looks so different from the early 90s era.

That drummer kicks serious ass, he hits the drums so frickin hard. I love this band, always have. Never did get the chance to see them live. Maybe they can follow the trend and get back together. Probably a long shot. Do you have any links for some of their bootlegs ?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    smarchee wrote:
    hey, thanks for the link. I much more enjoy the 44 minute performance on that page from a 1997 concert in Europe. I hadn't seen any performances from this era. I almost thought they had a new guitarist at this point, because he looks so different from the early 90s era.

That drummer kicks serious ass, he hits the drums so frickin hard. I love this band, always have. Never did get the chance to see them live. Maybe they can follow the trend and get back together. Probably a long shot. Do you have any links for some of their bootlegs ?
    No I'm afraid I don't. That 1997 concert was in the town where I live... but I was 9 or 10 then. I wish I could have gone so much. It's surreal to hear Patton talking about the River Avon when it's where I live... its not the kind of place that you'd expect FNM to play.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Mike Patton is easily on my top three best rock vocalists of all time. Faith no more is the best!
    www.myspace.com/olafvonmastadon
  • Neruda25Neruda25 Posts: 266
    I`m a Patton fan!!!!!
    and i`m from Chile too,..i have that show,..just AWESOME!!!!!

a dream about a cloudy sky.
    22 nov. Santiago
    23 nov. Santiago
    25 nov. Buenos Aires
    26 nov. Buenos Aires

http://www.myspace.com/delonelyman
  • ramspamramspam Posts: 130
    Thanks that's so awesome! Mike Patton is God
    Only fools have signatures...

+--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #20-+--+
  • not4u10not4u10 Posts: 238
    Faith No More ROCKS!!!!!!!
    08/28/98-09/01/00-12/08/02-12/09/02-04/28/03-05/03/03-07/05/03-07/06/03-07/08/03-07/09/03-07/12/03-10/01/04-10/03/05-05/13/06-05/27/06-05/28/06-06/01/06-06/03/06-06/19/08-06/25/08-10/28/09-10/31/09-05/17/10-10/19/13-10/21/13-10/27/13-4/28/16
    I'm just on such a Patton trip at the moment. I love his 80s high-pitched voice but at the same time I'm digging FNM's Angel Dust and King for a day... as well as all the bungle albums. I also really love Fantomas' The Directors Cut. Mike's vocals on The Omen are just brilliant.

Incidentally, has anyone heard the album that Patton did with Eyvind Kang, "Virginal Co-ordinates"? utterly beautiful, and not what you would expect if you know more of his work than FNM. There's no random screaming or yelping :D
  • HebejebeHebejebe Posts: 108
    smarchee wrote:
    I almost thought they had a new guitarist at this point, because he looks so different from the early 90s era.

That's because he is a different guitarist. :)

It's Jon Hudson. Jim Martin who was the guitarist up until Angel Dust was fired after the Angel Dust tour.
  • niallniall Posts: 244
    "has anyone heard the album that Patton did with Eyvind Kang, "Virginal Co-ordinates"?"

Yeah man, It is so amazing and relaxing. They have also recorded a new album that should see the light some time this year.

I have a gig where the fans start spitting at Mike Patton so he spits back. It is pretty funny.
    niall wrote:
    "has anyone heard the album that Patton did with Eyvind Kang, "Virginal Co-ordinates"?"

Yeah man, It is so amazing and relaxing. They have also recorded a new album that should see the light some time this year.

I have a gig where the fans start spitting at Mike Patton so he spits back. It is pretty funny.
    I read that someone once threw a piss bottle at him so he opened it and poured it over his own head...

thats cool about the new album. I need to find a copy of virginal co-ordinates
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    from wikipedia, under Outrageous Mike Patton / FNM Moments :D

During the 1992 Angel Dust tour with Guns N' Roses:
    At one show in Lisbon, the band invited the audience to throw garbage on stage. Patton then rummaged around and ate some of the trash.
    At another show in Seville, Spain the crowd was throwing empty plastic water bottles at the band. Someone threw a bottle on-stage that had urine in it. At one point in the concert, Mike Patton opened the bottle and poured the contents over his head, plunging the entire audience into shocked silence. Billy Gould and Roddy Bottum have stated that this was their favorite concert.
    Patton defecated in an orange juice carton and then sealed it and returned it to Axl Rose's tourbus vending machine.
    During the MTV Music Awards performance of Epic in 1990, Patton flopped around on stage like the controversial dying fish from the video.
    At a 1995 concert in Chile, the crowd began to spit on the band. Patton encouraged this and even invited people to spit in his open mouth while singing.
    During a European tour, Patton defecated on a park bench in front of Kensington Palace.
    During a 1991 concert in Denmark, Patton told the audience that tour-mates, Lenny Kravitz and Sinéad O'Connor were copulating in the hospitality tent. Kravitz looked on in horror.
    Faith No More gained a reputation for publicly ridiculing their more mainstream tour hosts--especially Guns N' Roses.
    Patton became infamous for talking about his self-stimulation habits in the press. He often wore a t-shirt with a grotesque image of a man sitting on a toilet seat, pleasuring himself, and the words "Girls are OK--but they're not the real thing."
    Roddy Bottum frequently made references to his homosexuality in an effort to alienate the crowd. At a show in Australia, he taunted the crowd: "I heard that homosexuality is illegal here. Too bad, because we were going to have some fun backstage." The song "Be Aggressive" was itself an attempt by Bottum to alienate people (or derive amusement from embarrassing Mike Patton in concert). It became Faith No More's second-most played song in concert.
    Mike Patton regularly did front-flips while singing on stage. He often landed painfully on his back, but would get right up and continue singing without interruption.
    Faith No More was famous for showing their disdain for MTV...on MTV. This can be seen in the Hanging with MTV performance during the Angel Dust era, where the band continuously interrupted a flustered VJ while she was trying to introduce the next video.
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Jim Martin is now a champion pumpkin grower.
  • Faith no More is a band I like to drum to. :D
    And..Patton..such genuine guy..hehe..one of my favourite vocalist and frontmans in the industry.
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    I have an old VHS somewhere of them called You Fat Bastards, live at Brixton academy. Frenetic show, some of their live performances top album versions, I believe they released it on cd as well. There was another VHS called Video Croissants with all the videos.

I saw them in support of GnR at wembley stadium in 93, they werent too impressive but the sound was bad I recall.
    I had the Real Thing and was well into Angel Dust as well. The songs that I heard subsequent to these caused a loss of interest in them generally.
  • Maybe someone already ever saw my site but anyway. I'm trying to start a little Faith No More Community and I'm also working on a FNM Live Guide. so if you have any information about any show(s) or if you have recorded any show please contact me (or join the forum). if you want to join please use your REAL(!!) name otherwise it will be deleted. the Live guide isn't anything near done but i'm working on it. and when I got enough money I'll buy a real site (or whatever It's called) and also a good forum. anyway here are the links:

Site: http://www.geocities.com/fnmguide/
    Forum: http://www.phpbbplanet.com/fnmguide/
    Any questions contact: Nick-Habermehl@hotmail.com
    or give me a PM here.

...oow an Hi I'm new here and I hope i'm going to spend some time here :D
  • I met Mike Patton when FNM opened for Billy Idol..........yes, Billy fuucking Idol..roight

Mike P is the coolest MFer on this planet.

Mr Bungle is the shit as well
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • MerkyjammMerkyjamm Posts: 272
    Nice link, cheers :)
    Too many cowboys, not enough indians, so just go ape shit!

I may be boring but at least I'm not Jack fucking Johnson.

TV is such shit; let's go outside and ride bicycles, right now!

Madrid 07/09/06 - Little mofo'ing Wing!!!
    Wembley 06/18/07 - Speechless

www.last.fm/user/StNick_