Weather Report

Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
edited July 2006 in Other Music
Anyway here into Weather Report? Just picked up Heavy Weather today after hearing a few tracks (I'm a jaco fan). Basically my impressions are as follows :-

I have NEVER heard a band capable of creating so many moods. Joe Zawinul composes like a painter... there's no other word for it. Its like he uses different colours of music and paints a picture. Also, Jaco Pastorius is the greatest electric bass player who ever lived. His work on this album is FAR better tha his debut solo album in my opinion.
"I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    I love the Weather Report. Infact I love alot of jazz, I just never talk about it here cause it is a PJ board.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I love the Weather Report. Infact I love alot of jazz, I just never talk about it here cause it is a PJ board.
    It's in the other music section... where we are supposed to tak about other music :D
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    It's in the other music section... where we are supposed to tak about other music :D

Yeah, but what I gather from this board is that a jazz thread would go unnoticed because people are too busy going crazy over the new "Army of Anyone" single.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917