Ian MacKaye's Embrace

Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
edited September 2006 in Other Music
Anyone here like Ian's post minor threat, pre-fugazi band? Their self titled LP is awesome. Its like a more focused version of Minor Threat with better instrumentation. If you like any of MacKaye's music or other more tuneful punk bands like Husker Du then you should love this. Money is a fantastic song
"I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    bumpety bump
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Anyone here like Ian's post minor threat, pre-fugazi band? Their self titled LP is awesome. Its like a more focused version of Minor Threat with better instrumentation. If you like any of MacKaye's music or other more tuneful punk bands like Husker Du then you should love this. Money is a fantastic song

i thought embrace was before fugazi/side-project of fugazi...

he's new stuff which is accoustic is fucking epic.
    i thought embrace was before fugazi/side-project of fugazi...

it is, thats why I said pre-fugazi :D
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    it is, thats why I said pre-fugazi :D

ha! i'm sorry. i read too fast. maybe that's why i am in my 5th year of college :)

do you have the 20 years of dischord compilation? it's some pretty righteous stuff -- a lot of which ian had to do with. the nation of ulysses song on there, "spectra sonic sound," is mind-numbing.
    ha! i'm sorry. i read too fast. maybe that's why i am in my 5th year of college :)

do you have the 20 years of dischord compilation? it's some pretty righteous stuff -- a lot of which ian had to do with. the nation of ulysses song on there, "spectra sonic sound," is mind-numbing.
    no I don't unfortunately but I'm sure I'll acquire it eventually. I'm on a major dischord trip right now. Getting all the rites of spring, embrace, fugazi, minor threat, evens, one last wish, teen idles, egg hunt etc that I can. awesome stuff.
  • check out the high black chairs too -- dc scene's "replacements", pretty frickin cool.
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    no I don't unfortunately but I'm sure I'll acquire it eventually. I'm on a major dischord trip right now. Getting all the rites of spring, embrace, fugazi, minor threat, evens, one last wish, teen idles, egg hunt etc that I can. awesome stuff.

Wow, now that is one fine list of Dischord music. Nothing makes my day like coming home to find a hand-addressed package from Beecher Street via the office under the dry cleaners on Clarendon Blvd. Definitely check out the High-Backed chairs too. The compilation is pretty dense, it's a lot of DC music blended together to the point where it's almost uncomfortable.

Oh, and definitely order the Joe Lally CD coming on Oct. 9.

"Joe Lally is the bass player in Fugazi and he has recorded an album of solo bass driven compositions in collaboration with friends and musicians such as Eddie Janney (Rites of Spring, One Last Wish), Jason Kourkounis (Hot Snakes, Delta 72, etc.), Jerry Busher (French Toast), Guy Picciotto (Fugazi), Danny Frankel, Ian Mackaye (The Evens, Fugazi), Amy Farina (The Evens), Scott (Wino) Weinrich and Antonia Tricarico. Joe is now on tour with Antelope and will be going to Brazil in November (!). Check out the dates on our tour page or for more information go to: http://www.joelally.com/ " - Dischord.com
    julienova wrote:
    Wow, now that is one fine list of Dischord music. Nothing makes my day like coming home to find a hand-addressed package from Beecher Street via the office under the dry cleaners on Clarendon Blvd. Definitely check out the High-Backed chairs too. The compilation is pretty dense, it's a lot of DC music blended together to the point where it's almost uncomfortable.

Oh, and definitely order the Joe Lally CD coming on Oct. 9.

"Joe Lally is the bass player in Fugazi and he has recorded an album of solo bass driven compositions in collaboration with friends and musicians such as Eddie Janney (Rites of Spring, One Last Wish), Jason Kourkounis (Hot Snakes, Delta 72, etc.), Jerry Busher (French Toast), Guy Picciotto (Fugazi), Danny Frankel, Ian Mackaye (The Evens, Fugazi), Amy Farina (The Evens), Scott (Wino) Weinrich and Antonia Tricarico. Joe is now on tour with Antelope and will be going to Brazil in November (!). Check out the dates on our tour page or for more information go to: http://www.joelally.com/ " - Dischord.com
    its really weird that you mentioned that. I saw Joe's solo album in an independent record shop today for £6.75 but I had no money. I guess the shop got a copy early or something cos it isnt meant to be out yet. Wish i'd had the cash.