Options

Suede

Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Even though I don't know much of their music, and have a love/hate attitude towards Brett Anderson's voice and manner, I've always liked Animal Nitrate and yesterday heard Still Life from the Dog Man Star record for the first time. I was pretty much blown away by it. I want to know if the album is worth getting. anyone a fan?

here's a video of Still Life live. pretty great performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jjywIwhQR4&feature=RecentlyWatched&page=1&t=t&f=b
"I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    god man star was a pretty good album. that and their first are solid. after that they got a little too... i dont know... sugary sweet. but those first two albums are excellent.
  • Options
    ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    Dog Man Star is great! i like heroine, the wild ones, the asphalt world... pretty good songs.
  • Options
    I used to love Suede back in the day, saw them live a couple of times, but pretty much went off them after their third album - the songs just weren't as good imho. The first two, Suede and Dog Man Star, are brilliant though, if you're into doomed urban romanticism.

Was sentt copy of Brett Anderson's solo album to review recently - pretty so-so stuff. I think he's lost the plot a bit.
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • Options
    bestsanebestsane Posts: 131
    Suede's Coming Up is also great in my opinion. The album's also got very strong singles.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,023
    Suedes last album is really good. 

And man, what a great live band!

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"