Neutral Milk Hotel

Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
edited April 2007 in Other Music
anyone a fan? I was pretty doubtful that the music could ever live up to the insane hype that seems to surround In the aeroplane over the sea amongst people who like "hip" music but then I checked out a few songs and am very impressed. King of carrot flowers pt 1, two headed boy pt 2 and communist daughter are all brilliant.
"I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    anyone a fan? I was pretty doubtful that the music could ever live up to the insane hype that seems to surround In the aeroplane over the sea amongst people who like "hip" music but then I checked out a few songs and am very impressed. King of carrot flowers pt 1, two headed boy pt 2 and communist daughter are all brilliant.

I was introduced to this band a couple years ago and they do live up to the hype some greakt stuff.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • I prefer The Decemberists.
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    They are very good, I was another person who really didn't think they could live up to the hype, ever since I began paying attention to forums and music blog type places I have constantly been reminded that Aeroplane is one of the best albums of the 90s.

I finally got around to buying the album last year and it is really good. There are no weak tracks and some really good lyrics. I need to get the Island album at some point.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    I prefer The Decemberists.

i do too. in the aeroplane over the sea was pretty good, but their first album was very unimpressive.
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Jeremy1012 wrote:

its a brilliant album... i to thought it wouldnt live up to its name after all the hype but its pretty amazing.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    i do too. in the aeroplane over the sea was pretty good, but their first album was very unimpressive.

I am the opposite. I like Aeroplane but On Avery Island blows me away.

I also like the Decemberists, though.