Die Kreuzen

Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
edited December 2007 in Other Music
Anyone a fan here? Their debut album has got to be one of the best US punk records of all-time. Truly fantastic. Completely rewrote the rules of hardcore punk. I was discussing it with Steve Albini of Big Black and Shellac (and producer of In Utero no less :p) earlier tonight online. Albini declared it the greatest US punk album of all-time on it's release in 1984. Tonight, after jumping around the room a bit, I feel like agreeing. If you haven't heard, please do.
"I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I had the Die Kreuzen October File cassette. I might still have the vinyl. I love hardcore punk.

Ever listen to Articles of Faith?

Damn good stuff
    the Minions
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I had the Die Kreuzen October File cassette. I might still have the vinyl. I love hardcore punk.

Ever listen to Articles of Faith?

Damn good stuff
    I haven't actually. I'll check it out.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"