Sun Kil Moon

Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Any fans? I've read a fair bit about Red House Painters on here so there must be some other fans of Kozelek's other project :)

Ghosts of the Great Highway is amazing. Salvador Sanchez is utterly incredible. Totally blowing my mind at the moment. Should I get their latest album?
"I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• StellyStelly Posts: 170
    I've been looking to checking these guys out. Just read a GREAT review of the new album.
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    Ghosts... is amazing as is Tiny Cities. I plan on picking the new one up soon.
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    big fan of Sun Kil Moon......great songwriter, very pretty and understated and peaceful music

I picked up the new album over the weekend......it's pretty fantastic (although I haven't spent alot of time with it yet).

it's definitely not a dramatic departure from his other albums - so if you are a fan of his stuff you should like this one just fine
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Todd76 wrote:
    big fan of Sun Kil Moon......great songwriter, very pretty and understated and peaceful music

I picked up the new album over the weekend......it's pretty fantastic (although I haven't spent alot of time with it yet).

it's definitely not a dramatic departure from his other albums - so if you are a fan of his stuff you should like this one just fine
    Just got it. Liking it so far.

Seems we share the same tastes Todd. Always seem to be agreeing with you in music threads :)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Seems we share the same tastes Todd. Always seem to be agreeing with you in music threads :)

yes sir - we do have great taste don't we ;)

thanks - I saw you defending/supporting me in the "bands you don't like.... that you HAVE to like....or else you are just plain wrong/pretentious" thread
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Todd76 wrote:
    yes sir - we do have great taste don't we ;)

thanks - I saw you defending/supporting me in the "bands you don't like.... that you HAVE to like....or else you are just plain wrong/pretentious" thread
    :D