oh my god... what are the doors playing at?

Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
edited January 2007 in Other Music
I don't know if this has been posted here before but I just found a video of Scott Stapp on stage with the doors singing Light my fire... it actually made me feel ill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eku9AZwIFaI&mode=related&search=
"I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    It's years ago. John is still drumming with them. So don't worry it probably won't happen again. what were they thinking though?
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Holy crap. i had to stop listening when he attempted the big 'fire!' he was just blatantly cashing in on the kudos of Morrision...i doubt he was a doors fan-like you can hear the influence in Creed's "music"

stapp was hitting some notes, but not others and he utterly lacked any zest in this performance at all. what were the other doors thinking?
  • Now they're touring with the name: "Riders on the Storm".

The singer is The Cult vocalist (just can't remember the name).
    Hey I, ooooooohhh, I'm still ALIIIIIVEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Now they're touring with the name: "Riders on the Storm".

The singer is The Cult vocalist (just can't remember the name).

That would be Ian Astbury.
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    That performance, unforunately, was from Storytellers: The Doors that aired several years back. They got a lot of vocalist to sit in for Jim. Ian from the Cult, Scott from STP, and I forgot who else was on that program, but yeah, sad to say, but Scott Stapp from Creed was on there. I wonder why they didn't get Eddie.

Strange thing though, Eddie inducted the Doors into the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame and sang "Light My Fire" if I'm not mistaken. hmmm, was Scott trying to copy Eddie? hmmmm
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • bovy_j wrote:
    That would be Ian Astbury.

Exacty. :)

This month they'll be on stage in Lisbon.
    Hey I, ooooooohhh, I'm still ALIIIIIVEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    That performance, unforunately, was from Storytellers: The Doors that aired several years back. They got a lot of vocalist to sit in for Jim. Ian from the Cult, Scott from STP, and I forgot who else was on that program, but yeah, sad to say, but Scott Stapp from Creed was on there. I wonder why they didn't get Eddie.

Strange thing though, Eddie inducted the Doors into the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame and sang "Light My Fire" if I'm not mistaken. hmmm, was Scott trying to copy Eddie? hmmmm

he also sang Roadhouse Blues and another which for the moment escapes me with them.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
    he also sang Roadhouse Blues and another which for the moment escapes me with them.

Eddie or Scott? b/c I've seen the Storytellers one, and I think Scott performed another song w/them.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    Eddie or Scott? b/c I've seen the Storytellers one, and I think Scott performed another song w/them.

Eddie.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    though it goes against my claim of not supporting bands that reform without their very integral lead singers, if i had the chance i would jump up on stage and sing with the doors.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Holy crap. i had to stop listening when he attempted the big 'fire!' he was just blatantly cashing in on the kudos of Morrision...i doubt he was a doors fan-like you can hear the influence in Creed's "music"

stapp was hitting some notes, but not others and he utterly lacked any zest in this performance at all. what were the other doors thinking?

i remember seeing somewhere on tv, that Krieger said that they asked Scott to joined b/c he heard how huge of a fan he was and that he can hear the vocal similarities b/t him and Jim.

i know :confused: Jim is a legend. Scott isn't.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    i remember seeing somewhere on tv, that Krieger said that they asked Scott to joined b/c he heard how huge of a fan he was and that he can hear the vocal similarities b/t him and Jim.

i know :confused: Jim is a legend. Scott isn't.

see children. drugs are bad. krieger's brain is fried. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    i was at woodstock 99 and got to see Robby Krieger come out during creed's set (yes i was kind of a Creed fan at the time).
    lephty wrote:
    i was at woodstock 99 and got to see Robby Krieger come out during creed's set (yes i was kind of a Creed fan at the time).

I did'nt know Robby was gay, but a Creed concert seems the perfect place to come out.;):D