Meat Puppets

Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
edited April 2007 in Other Music
should I get Meat Puppets II or Up On The Sun for my first Meat Puppets album? bear in mind that the only songs I know are all on II (Plateau, Aurora Borealis, New Gods, Oh me and Lake of Fire).
"I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RaybeesRaybees Posts: 40
    Tough one. I bought II first becuase of the songs you mentioned, but Up on the Sun also has great songs like Hot Pink and Swimming Ground. Basically you can't go wrong either way but II came first so go the chronological way.
    Q"What's your favourite Beatles album?"
    A"The Best of the Beatles."
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    I bought the one with the Nirvana Unplugged songs on it after i heard unplugged, but i thought it sucked, dunno where that cd is now, lol.
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    My two favorites were Too High to Die and Up on the Sun. The others didn't really do it for me. And "No Joke" was definitely a joke

They've got a new one coming out soon with Kurt and Chris
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    Up on the Sun definitely. What the hell, I am going to play it right now.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i love the meat puppets.
  • Like everyone's said, you'll recognize some songs off II from the Nirvana show. I is really good though. IMO you can't really go wrong.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    My two favorites were Too High to Die and Up on the Sun. The others didn't really do it for me. And "No Joke" was definitely a joke

They've got a new one coming out soon with Kurt and Chris

my faves too.. a good live act too.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Meatpuppets II is great but when I got Up on the Sun a few years ago I thought it was boring and never picked it up again.. I think I lost it... (I gotta listen to it again because I can't even remember what it sounded like).

I just got II like.. 2 days ago.. I've only listened to the 3 they played with Cobain so far.. they're addicting.. I'll move into the rest soon enough. He's got a shit voice but it works for the band.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"