Layne - 5 years ago yesterday

Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
edited April 2007 in Other Music
I know there were threads yesterday about this but I just wanted my own personal one to see if other people did anything in memorial? I personally was at a friend's house and only remembered at 10 to 12 so I stuck on Shame in You and had a beer and just thought about shit. I really needed Layne's music last night, for my own unrelated reasons and it was the perfect moment. I had a bad day and it helped a little, even if it made me sad as well.

"so you hear me for these things I see,
yeah I believe in inner peace"
"I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i listened to dirt, facelift and jar of flies

and reminded myself how fucking amazing alice in chains are

RIP layne - sorely missed :(
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    i listened to dirt, facelift and jar of flies

and reminded myself how fucking amazing alice in chains are

RIP layne - sorely missed :(
    I wanted to listen to the complete discography but like I said, I forgot (because I was in a non-clinical but very real depression) and only had time for a few songs. they were perfect though:

Shame In You
    Nutshell
    Wake Up

needless to say, no one else at this house party knew what the fuck I was doing and thought I was just trying to make myself more depressed.

R.I.P Layne. thanks to you, there are still 10 unopened beers in the fridge :)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"