Keith Jarrett

Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
edited April 2008 in Other Music
The Köln Concert.

Jesus fucking christ.
"I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    sigh
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Ballsy for sure.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Love it.
  • oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    there are passages in this solo masterpiece where the piano is virtually singing, honest to god, truth

i once had the vinyl of this but my first wife snatched it from my collection when we split.. bitch! :D
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
    olderman wrote:
    there are passages in this solo masterpiece where the piano is virtually singing, honest to god, truth

i once had the vinyl of this but my first wife snatched it from my collection when we split.. bitch! :D
    :eek: Did you kill her?

There are also sections in it where you can hear Jarrett singing along. Even though it's improvised he knows exactly what he's playing.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    :eek: Did you kill her?

There are also sections in it where you can hear Jarrett singing along. Even though it's improvised he knows exactly what he's playing.

There are a few jazz musicians known for doing that. Thelonius Monk and Wes Montgomery come to mind.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    BinFrog wrote:
    There are a few jazz musicians known for doing that. Thelonius Monk and Wes Montgomery come to mind.
    yup. And Glenn Gould's recordings of Bach's Goldberg Variations. He hums along for almost the entirety :p
  • Holy shit.

I've just Youtubed it.. beautiful.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison