Olé Coltrane

Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
edited April 2008 in Other Music
is a terrific and underrated album. Just thought I'd mention it. Some brilliantly hypnotising piano, Elvin Jones' drumming is perfect and John Coltrane is, well, John Coltrane. I recommend anyone with even the slightest interest in jazz checks this out if they haven't already.
"I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeremy1012

Your so right, this album is very underrated and Coltrane is amazing. We just had a huge jazz festival in town and the theme was the music of Coltrane. Glad to say the didn't slaughter his music. This is one of my fav Coltrane cd's.
    Nothing you can ever do
    Still every night I burn
    Every night I scream your name
    Every night I burn
    Every night the dream's the same
    Every night I burn
    Waiting for my only friend
    Every night I burn
    Waiting for the world to end...
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Not really into jazz, but this was given to me along with his more notorious albums. Track1 I really love, that's it though. Often I find that jazz tunes descend into a cacophany of noise or else just serve as background or mood sound. Tryed with Miles Davis too, but other than Sketches Of Spain not too taken. :p

The Black Saint And The Sinner Lady: now this I feel differently about, and had never heard of the guy. This turns shit green!!!!
  • U2rocksU2rocks Posts: 89
    There is an excellent 8 CD box set of Coltrane's.....but I can't remember the name of it.

http://www.myspace.com/ramon1972
  • Awesome. Thanks for the suggestion. I love Coltrane and have Live at the Vanguard and Birdland and a bunch of studio stuff. I love Blue Train.

Definitely I will check out Ole.
    "She knows there is no success like failure
    And that failure's no success at all."

"Don't ya think its sometimes wise not to grow up."

"Cause life ain't nothing but a good groove
    A good mixed tape to put you in the right mood."