Just a staggeringly brilliant album... for free.

Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
edited May 2008 in Other Music
http://rs209.rapidshare.com/files/54177364/Les_Rallizes_Denudes_-__77_Live.rar

Continuing my occasionally posting of rare, obscure music for download here, this is a live bootleg so I know I'm not breaking any copywrite rules on the board here and besides, the band has never released a single album in any commercially available format, at least not more than a handful of copies. Their entire fanbase is built on bootlegging and sharing.

The band I am talking about is Les Rallizes Dénudés, a japanese psychedelic noise rock band. They pretty much peaked, as a live band anyway since they never did much studio work, in the 70s. Their style is noisy as hell and the available recordings are low(ish) quality live bootlegs but the music has pop sensibilities hidden under a swathe of psychedelic distortion and noise. This is their best known (but still criminally ignored) album "'77 Live" and I offer it to anyone who cares about unusual music and wants to be blown away for free (no innuendo intended). This is a lengthy and fairly difficult listen in parts but my god is it great. I have heard it described as Motown filtered through Sister Ray by the velvet underground. The opening track, Enter the Mirror is just one of the greatest songs I have ever heard in my life and everyone owes it to themself to take the time to download this so they can hear it. Heartbreak has never been so noisy. Imagine a superior My Bloody Valentine if they were japanese. I can't understand a word the singer is saying and I still know what he means.

Take my word for it.
"I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    http://rs209.rapidshare.com/files/54177364/Les_Rallizes_Denudes_-__77_Live.rar

Continuing my occasionally posting of rare, obscure music for download here, this is a live bootleg so I know I'm not breaking any copywrite rules on the board here and besides, the band has never released a single album in any commercially available format, at least not more than a handful of copies. Their entire fanbase is built on bootlegging and sharing.

The band I am talking about is Les Rallizes Dénudés, a japanese psychedelic noise rock band.

i was kinda interested up until that point ;)

ok i'm scottish... i'll download it anyway.. just cos its free. :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    dunkman wrote:
    i was kinda interested up until that point ;)

ok i'm scottish... i'll download it anyway.. just cos its free. :D
    Ha yeah, it's NOT for everyone. I especially doubt that you will like it. You'll probably say it's just noise and shite and pretentious ;)

At least give the entire first song a listen though. Takes a whole to get going and you'll be put off by the sound quality but it's so good. The bass is hypnotic and the guitar playing is noisy as hell but so good.

It sounds how this photo of them playing live looks. Swirly and really japanese.
    http://www.ongakuweb.com/blogfiles/rallizes2.jpg
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Ha yeah, it's NOT for everyone. I especially doubt that you will like it. You'll probably say it's just noise and shite and pretentious ;)

At least give the entire first song a listen though. Takes a whole to get going and you'll be put off by the sound quality but it's so good. The bass is hypnotic and the guitar playing is noisy as hell but so good.

It sounds how this photo of them playing live looks. Swirly and really japanese.
    http://www.ongakuweb.com/blogfiles/rallizes2.jpg

gotta say amigo... you're not exactly selling it to me... which is handy seeing as its free :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    gotta say amigo... you're not exactly selling it to me... which is handy seeing as its free :D
    yeah, you can hardly complain :) it's your fault for being a scavenging scotchman who has to take free stuff as it comes if you don't like it :):)

(use of 'scotch' intentional there, for my own amusement)
    This guy makes it sound more exciting and less daunting than me :)

"Les Rallizes DeNudes do not deal in the realm of realistic possibilities. They manage to follow up “Enter the Mirror”, a song which might be the best song of all time with what might also be the best song of all time, “Night of the Assassins,” which is a rockin’ romp through a doo-wop bass line (which is sure to stick in the listener’s head for hours on end) anchoring a mammoth guitar maelstrom of fury and feedback."