Thom Yorke's The Earaser gets my vote for......

reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
edited July 2006 in Other Music
......Packaging of the year, just picked it up yesterday (dl'ded it a few weeks before it came out), A solid album but abso-fucking-lutly love the pacaging and art work really nice.:)

Earaser? my spelling's gone to shit Eraser, Eraser, Eraser if only I could erase and edit my title;)
Can not be arsed with life no more.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Echo27Echo27 Posts: 57
    I dig it, too...Can't wait for the next Radiohead record, though...
    "I am disrespectful to dirt! Can you see that I am serious?"
  • Echo27 wrote:
    I dig it, too...Can't wait for the next Radiohead record, though...
    The Eraser is really cool but Radiohead will blow it away.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • barakabaraka Posts: 1,268
    I think The Eraser is just brilliant. I just got several more listens in on a road trip. There is nothing like a Thom Yorke melody. Can't get enough Radiohead & Thom Yorke!
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance,
    but the illusion of knowledge.
    ~Daniel Boorstin

Only a life lived for others is worth living.
    ~Albert Einstein
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    from what I've heard of House of Cards, it will blow Yorke's solo album away
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    The Eraser is REALLY good. I am beginning to like it more than Hail To The Theif. I hope the new Radiohead blows Eraser away whenever it comes out, but The Eraser is definitely more than a typical side-project to hold us over until the new Radiohead.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    eraser is amazing. the 1st time through i felt it was missing something- then i realized yea the rest of radiohead you moron and just learned to enjoy it. thom has an awesome voice and this album proves it. radiohead will kick us all in the ass though- i hope i can actually get tix to see them this time.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • wow -- can't say that i share all of the love for the eraser. and i'm a big fan, so i'm willing to accept that i'm just not getting it. that happens sometimes. something just doesn't resonate with you even though it's quality work. i've listened 4 times now but i find it boring. it's like ... i've heard this all before. sounds like amnesiac outtakes.
    Give way to nature ...
  • viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    wow -- can't say that i share all of the love for the eraser. and i'm a big fan, so i'm willing to accept that i'm just not getting it. that happens sometimes. something just doesn't resonate with you even though it's quality work. i've listened 4 times now but i find it boring. it's like ... i've heard this all before. sounds like amnesiac outtakes.
    Those were my thoughts when I heard the Eraser couple of months ago...was kinda disappointed with Thom Yorke turning out such an album. BUt getting back to it after a month or so...its grown on me. Give the album a break and get back to it after a while, maybe it will turn around for you as well.
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate