Kim Thayil is one BAD ASS MOFO

reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
edited July 2006 in Other Music
Just listening to a live Soundgarden show and fuck me does Kim rip it up on Slaves And Bulldozers.
The guy needs to get something new going on, where he can play that guitar again.
:D:D:D:D:D
Can not be arsed with life no more.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Jesus Christ Pose\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/:eek::eek::eek::D This song is rocking my arse right now, please Kim start a new band and shred that guitar for what it's worth.:)
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    always gotta show my love for kim. he's fuckin' bad ass~!!! gotta love slaves & bulldozers and birth ritual.
  • circlesdowncirclesdown Posts: 308
    I popped in Supamuthafucknunknown last night. Best album ever. period.
  • reachdown12reachdown12 Posts: 693
    I loooooooove Kim Thayil's playing sooo much!! Those chunky ass riffs or fingers shreddin the fretboard..he is an inspiration unto all. I wish sooo much he'd come back into the music light and do a project, he is such an incredible talent to music, that it would be a pure loss to never hear any of his masterpieces again!

You watch this and tell me this man or this band in general wasn't fuckin phenomenal! Looove this performance, having both his chunkiness and shreddin coming into play, it proves to be a force to be reckoned with!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oW-jKaOioE&search=soundgarden

Kim Thayil is a powerhouse in every which form and would dearrrrly love it if he ever resurfaced!

*bows down to the badass mofo Kim Thayil* :D:D:D
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • CenterCityCenterCity Posts: 193
    kim is awesome; he's our trailblazer.
    i know.....haven't heard too much from him since soundgarden. why doesn't he form another band or join another one?
    i can't even imagine, what his parents had to say when he decided to play music for a job. lol. wow.
    we luv you kim!
    I need to finish writing.
  • I also listened to SU today and also some b-sides including kareoke, blind dogs, bleed together, and she likes surprises. TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY!!!! Long live the mighty Thayil.
  • circlesdowncirclesdown Posts: 308
    I also listened to SU today and also some b-sides including kareoke, blind dogs, bleed together, and she likes surprises. TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY!!!! Long live the mighty Thayil.

After last nights listen I meant to grab it for the drive to work and was so pissed when I forgot. I'll have it for tomorrow.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Kim and Ben Shep should join up and start a new band... I'd buy that album in a second. Soundgarden fucking rules. Kim is the man, but I think each member of that band is as cool as the next member.

And Slaves & Bulldozers kicks my ass. I wish I were as cool as that song.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
    Bumpin this bad ass uppp! :D

Was just listening to Louder Than Love and Badmotorfinger back to back, and holy shittt! The power comin outta this man is inhuman! From one riff to next he is just sending this blazing trail of fury and passion ever further. Much awe and love for what Thayil is capable of!!!
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • JESUS H. CHRIST! I LOVE KIM
    i had to on some badmotorfinger after reading this!!

IM GONNA BREAK MY RUSTY CAGE . . . . AND RUN

aaaaaaah ! fuck yes
    An ounce of deception
    Kills a pound of pain
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Oh are you kidding me?! :eek: This is MY kinda thread right here! :D Major props reef! Major props!

SG RUUUULES MY LIFE (well other than PJ of course. :p)

And (((KIM)))??? :D \m/ This is THE mother fuckin bad ass right here! I have SO much love and respect for this guy!! He was, is and always will be one of THE baddest mofos around. Nothing can compare to or duplicate this sound. His super chunkified riffs & unique 'I OWN YOU' style will forever shred my life! No matter how many times I've heard the man rip it up on something like Jesus Christ Pose (perfect example) it NEVER fails to floor me and more often than not I am forced to "uhhhh" out loud due to the extreme sickness of it all. I am forever in awe.

"From one riff to next he is blazing trail of fury and passion ever further"

PERFECTLY said my girl. I could not agree more. And yes, like the untouchable/how in the fuck? vocalist of the mighty SG, Kim also has superhuman strength! It's true!

Anyone that has seen live footage or that was among the blessed that saw SG live know that he SERIOUSLY demands you...that stage presence is as fierce as the shredding. haha. Evily stalking the audience with those possessed like eyes that look like they're about to pop outta his head! haha. Looking like he's about to eat us. haha. He is such a beast! I looove it! I LOVE THIS MAN! I miss him so much.

Everything about SG is Untouchable...including this bad ass motha!
    \m/\m/\m/

*bows down repeatedly*
    WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!!!!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Fuck Yeah he is!!!!!

Was there every any question???
  • bucket1988bucket1988 Posts: 212
    Just listening to a live Soundgarden show and fuck me does Kim rip it up on Slaves And Bulldozers.
    The guy needs to get something new going on, where he can play that guitar again.
    :D:D:D:D:D

Where can I hear this live Soundgarden show?
    The words you say never seem to live up to the ones inside your head...
    bucket1988 wrote:
    Where can I hear this live Soundgarden show?

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=198434

Theres about ten SG shows for download in this thread, and one Chris Cornell solo show:) the one I was listening to was the Austin, Tx one.:)

I think I need to give the neighbours a bit of BadMotorFinger before I go pay the bills.:D
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    I truly understand why Cornell got so much of the attention during Soundgarden's glory, as I think he's an amazing talent, but SG always had a tremendous guitar sound that was unlike anything else. This guy was fantastic.
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • GVN2FLIGVN2FLI Posts: 46
    so has Kim really done nothing since the end of SG??? No collaborations? Guest appearances?
    I am Jack, The Pumpkin King!
    The eyes are the groin of the head.
    GVN2FLI wrote:
    Guest appearances?

Yep! The BAD ASS appeared at the AIC show in Seattle last month!! :eek: I feel my heart break even more each time I type/say/think about that. He shreddin it up with AIC on fuckin~~> IT AIN'T LIKE THAT!!!! :eek:

Full on freak out on sooo many levels, but also a huge sigh of relief knowing that the man is still alive. ;)

"Lo√e, you know the word

VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Yep! The BAD ASS appeared at the AIC show in Seattle last month!! :eek: I feel my heart break even more each time I type/say/think about that. He shreddin it up with AIC on fuckin~~> IT AIN'T LIKE THAT!!!! :eek:

Full on freak out on sooo many levels, but also a huge sigh of relief knowing that the man is still alive. ;)

Thats like heaven AiC and Kim Thayil in the same place jamming together things dont get no better.:)
    Damn! I know reef. :o I know...
    And of all the songs too!? AHH! :eek:
    How perfectly fitting though...super chunky & super bad ass.
    \m/:D\m/

"Lo√e, you know the word

VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Damn! I know reef. :o I know...
    And of all the songs too!? AHH! :eek:
    How perfectly fitting though...super chunky & super bad ass.
    \m/:D\m/

I know these bands have been with me through the high times, the low times since becoming a teenager, Soundgarden, AiC, Pearl Jam, Nirvana they have been there and guided me through my journey of life like my four best freinds never abandoning me:)
    Excuse my drunkeness but their music touches me like nothing else like a spiritual connection, just blows me the fuck away:)
    Silly! No need to be excused. I am right by your side...YEAH! :D Well...on the whole "guided me through my journey of life" deal anyway...not the drunky part. :p

These bands are SUCH a huge part of who I am. Total spiritual connection. No doubt about it. My relationship with this music has outlasted any boyfriend. :p One of the longest and most beneficial relationships to date. :D

"Lo√e, you know the word

VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Silly! No need to be excused. I am right by your side...YEAH! :D Well...on the whole "guided me through my journey of life" deal anyway...not the drunky part. :p

These bands are SUCH a huge part of who I am. Total spiritual connection. No doubt about it. My relationship with this music has outlasted any boyfriend. :p One of the longest and most beneficial relationships to date. :D

I know silly me:) just felt like I was rambling a bit just never excpected to connect to music in such a way:D
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Kim and Jerry worked at a Photomat together back before their bands became world famous.

Kim played in the No WTO band with Jello Biafra. He also played on Probot, and I think he played on one song for a WWC album. From everything I've heard through friends, he's not interested in the music business anymore. He still plays, but he's got nothing to prove by going out and starting or joining someone else's band. He said as much a yer or two after SG broke up...something to the effect of "I played in the best band in the world. I have no interest in being a hired gun, or that "black hole sun" guy in someone else's band"
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:

:eek: OMG!!! How in the world did i manage to miss this news?! Jeeesusss. I'm so glad to hear that he is still doing something to that extent, that literally made my night, lol!

And how much I love this band..even including PJ, AIC, etc it is incomprehensible to even think of how much I love what they have given us. Soundgarden will, as for me as well, always hold suuuch a grip on me such a passion for the band and music they made in itself. Froms Songs like Beyond the Wheel and I Awake to Fell On Black Days and Zero Chance..their diversity in music just baffles and inspires me. To see how they started musically and where they ended is just unbelievable, even more, doing so and keeping their natural element and allowing the music to get better and better even when thought impossible. They have truly taught us so much..even without speaking to us directly. And one can seem to grasp on to that amazingness and just love it for what it is. And making you love the music, unbelievably able to, even more than before. Sorry if I seem to be rambling..but goodness..what this music they create, or any in general, can do to you, eh?..

Soundgarden<3333333333333333333333333333
  • definetly my fav guitarist :D
    "It was a kind of a sick, disturbed rock opera - if Nietzsche were to write a rock opera,"-Jeff Ament about Eddie's first three songs

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough, I'm fine now.
    Push me pull me. See ya later

<present tense inhabiter #0003 & Even Flow psycho #0036>
  • i know, a soundgarden reunion would melt my face off.
  • i know, a soundgarden reunion would melt my face off.

*dreamy face*
    "It was a kind of a sick, disturbed rock opera - if Nietzsche were to write a rock opera,"-Jeff Ament about Eddie's first three songs

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough, I'm fine now.
    Push me pull me. See ya later

<present tense inhabiter #0003 & Even Flow psycho #0036>
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    i know, a soundgarden reunion would melt my face off.
    The one thing that they all seem to agree on is that they went out on top, while other bands don't seem to know when to quit. The only shot I think we have of a reunion would be an induction into the Rock & Roll hall of fame...and then only if they could keep Kim from over-thinking it. :D

I bet he has some kind of blistering indictment of the HoF ready to go if/when that day comes. Kim is way too bright for the music business.
  • mike_s_6mike_s_6 Posts: 160
    *dreamy face*

*joins you*

I don't think some of the members of SG really wanted the disband :( Matt said he wished he was more involved in Chris' solo album...

I think Kim is just resting. yeah, yeah, yeah. Shred, baby!