Bloc Party - A Weekend in the City feb 07 already leaked:eek:

reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
edited November 2006 in Other Music
It's already leaked WTF!!! sounds pretty good so far, suspected to be only a rough mix, take a look around its out there.:)
Can not be arsed with life no more.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Oh dear, thats early.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I heard it for the first time about 2 weeks ago. Its a good album, dont like it as much as silent alarm but that would be difficult because i adore that album. Still a decent album none the less, couple of really good tracks on it, think my favourite is a song called Kreuzberg, really nice. Ill still buy the album when it comes out, dont think its due for a while though.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • WOW- 10 weeks is the earliest I have ever seen an album leak.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    stu gee wrote:
    I heard it for the first time about 2 weeks ago. Its a good album, dont like it as much as silent alarm but that would be difficult because i adore that album. Still a decent album none the less, couple of really good tracks on it, think my favourite is a song called Kreuzberg, really nice. Ill still buy the album when it comes out, dont think its due for a while though.

I like it only listened to it the once so far, but I have to agree I cant see it topping Silent Alarm either, really like the tracks Hunting For Witches, The Prayer and Uniform.
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Somebody sent me 3 of the tracks yesterday, they sound really good. I LOVE "Silent Alarm", one of my favorite albums over the last 5 years.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    Listened it once and didn't like it much. Sound to me like a bunch of mediocre songs mixed together.

'Song for Clay' sounded a bit like Muse and the last 4 songs are very 'slow boring-ish'.

'Waiting for the 7.18' and 'Where is Home' are the best in my opinion.

Let's see how it will sound on a second listen.

And also heard that the album has a 'concept' or something like that so i will pay more atention to the lyrics.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    It's already leaked WTF!!! sounds pretty good so far, suspected to be only a rough mix, take a look around its out there.:)
    Hmmmm...how about pointing us in the right direction of this little gem?
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    dharma69 wrote:
    Hmmmm...how about pointing us in the right direction of this little gem?

ditto. id be curious too.

do they break any new ground here? i liked silent alarm a lot, but at 14 tracks, some of them kinda started to blend together. if it's more of the one trick pony thing, i might pass. it's a problem i notice with british bands... lots of brilliant debuts, then they kinda fade.
    I actually cant find an active link at the moment, so I shall upload it to sendspace and pm you both the link tommorow.
    I actually cant find an active link at the moment, so I shall upload it to sendspace and pm you both the link tommorow.
    *does happy dance!*

FaceSpace

woohoo! thanksgiving listening :)
  • I actually cant find an active link at the moment, so I shall upload it to sendspace and pm you both the link tommorow.

I'd like to hear this too please. Thanks!
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    i'm uploading it. should be ready to go in 35 mins.

problems with this internet bitch. i'll post early this morning...
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • actually it leaked 2 weeks ago.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
    brhf9 wrote:
    i'm uploading it. should be ready to go in 35 mins.

problems with this internet bitch. i'll post early this morning...
    No worries, doll...I found it:)!

FaceSpace
  • dharma69 wrote:
    No worries, doll...I found it:)!

Maybe I can share in the wealth?
  • OK I'm on the second song and so far think it's brilliant. I wish the new Incubus had been this instantly likeable.

Has everyone got it? cool no need for me to upload then.:D
  • Has everyone got it? cool no need for me to upload then.:D

I'd love to hear people's opinions. It's the first new album in a while I've wanted to listen to twice in a row.

• brhf9 wrote:
    Listened it once and didn't like it much. Sound to me like a bunch of mediocre songs mixed together.

'Song for Clay' sounded a bit like Muse and the last 4 songs are very 'slow boring-ish'.

'Waiting for the 7.18' and 'Where is Home' are the best in my opinion.

Let's see how it will sound on a second listen.

And also heard that the album has a 'concept' or something like that so i will pay more atention to the lyrics.

On the whole, great album, but I wish you hadn't made the Muse comment cus I agree with you and I can't get that outa my head now. Grr.

• restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    haha im downloading it right now.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
    haha im downloading it right now.

id love to hear it... care to point me in a general direction?