Tripping Daisy

reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
edited July 2008 in Other Music
Anyone a fan?
I Am An Elastic Firecracker is a great album.
Can not be arsed with life no more.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    I have that album and do really enjoy it.

Might give it a listen later actually as I have not listened to it in such a long time.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I have that album and do really enjoy it.

Might give it a listen later actually as I have not listened to it in such a long time.

I love it, happy easy going rock music for listening to in the summer.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    wow, there is a blast from the past

something about my girlfriend or something

and watch out for pirahanas, that song was great
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    smarchee wrote:
    wow, there is a blast from the past

something about my girlfriend or something

and watch out for pirahanas, that song was great

Yeah been really digging on them lately, nice vibe for the summer months.
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    Anyone a fan?
    I Am An Elastic Firecracker is a great album.
    HUGE FAN!!

if you guys haven't, or just never got around to it, DEFINITELY check out the follow-up to firecracker: Jesus Hits Like The Atom Bomb.

:eek:

blows firecracker out of the water! one of the greatest albums ever. THE tripping daisy album.

it's produced by eric drew feldman, & it comes with his quirks, think tripping daisy meets the flaming lips meets the polyphonic spree. amazing record. here's a blurb from allmusic.com

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:3vfixqrjldte
    Tripping Daisy's first two albums were written off as average post-grunge alt-rock records, which may make the presence of Eric Drew Feldman — a former member of Pere Ubu and a colleague of both Captain Beefheart and Frank Black — as a producer and keyboardist a little puzzling to the group's detractors. After all, Tripping Daisy was supposed to be in it for the cash and fame, not art, but critics may have to change their tune after listening to the Daisy's third album, Jesus Hits Like the Atom Bomb. The band has made a big stylistic breakthrough, enhancing the psychedelic subtext that ran through their first two records, retaining their melodic sensibility and jacking up their weirdness quotient, thanks to Feldman. Although there are a few times where their ambitions outweigh their achievements, the entire result is an impressive record that balances punk-pop with art-rock. It's a smart, ambitious and successful album that may come as a surprise, not only for the doubters but for hardcore fans, since nothing they've done before suggests the power of Jesus Hits Like the Atom Bomb. (Also, it's nice that Tripping Daisy paid tribute to the great, underappreciated indie-rock band Brainiac and its tragically departed leader Tim Taylor by covering "Indian Poker" — it, like the rest of the album, shows that their hearts are in the right place.)

so many good songs, all killer no filler, but my highlights are waited a light year, sonic bloom, tiny men, our drive to the sun. hard to find at times but worth the effort.
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
    oh & love rocketpop & raindrop from elastic firecracker :cool: i've been on a bit of a daisy-buzz myself lately
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    What happened to them?
  • xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
    looks cool... getting jesus hits like the atom bomb
    What happened to them?
    guitarist wes burggren died of an overdose during the recording of their self-titled album. they finished the album & called it a day. singer tim delaughter went on to form the mighty polphonic spree. mark pirro the bassist & ex tripping daisy drummer bryan wakefield also play in PS. benjamin curtis started the most excellent secret machines with his brother brandon, but has since left to do school of seven bells. guitarist philip karnats did some solo stuff & has recently just replaced ben in secret machines, who are nearing the release of their third album. check them out if you're after new music, it's good stuff.
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones