Can we get a sticky on this?
Can not be arsed with life no more.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    http://www.chriscornell.com/boards/default.aspx?cid=345&tid=147158

Re: Reverse Street Teaming
    Hey Everyone,
    I went to the Pearl Jam message pit this morning to check out the other music section. I counted 21 threads with Chris's name the title that have been discussed in the last week.

Although that may seem like a good thing, here are a few of the responses that I read just from the top two threads...

"Oh my god. I now officially hate Chris Cornell.

cornell street team: go away. its a pearl jam forum, its not like people havent heard of him or dont know about carry on. if you were a member for more than five seconds, you'd realise.

Spam!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so fucking sick of this Cornell shit.

…I was looking forward to Chris' album this year I really was then there has been thread after thread about the guy and it killed the excitement I had for it.

i personally dont mind the guy, Cornell, but the overload of adoration on here just makes me back away.

moderators, please keep the annoying chris cornell street team people out of the message pit."

I'm not trying to be the street team police here, but leave those poor Pearl Jammers alone! ;) There are several good Chris Cornell discussions taking place there, there is no need to go blatantly "street teaming" over there. Just add your two cents to an already ongoing discussion.

That goes for anywhere on the net. Blatant street teaming tends to have the reverse effect. It just pisses people off.

I think it's driven some of the Pearl Jam members to the brink of insanity...there's even a Chris Cornell thread over there that's ala Jack Torrance, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy...

Street teaming should not cause fans of other bands to lose their minds. ;)

Keep that in mind.

S.

This thread is awesome, A must read, I even get quoted in it.:D
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    Finally a worthwhile Cornell thread.

This should be a Sticky
    NERDS!
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Seriously for those spamming this board with chris cornell bullshit go away already.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    http://www.chriscornell.com/boards/

:D

(motherfucker! we've got ourselves organised chaos)

:)

dammit.
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Wow..........they quoted me in that message. :D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:

I'm thinking about registering over there and starting loads of Pearl Jam threads.;)
    I'm thinking about registering over there and starting loads of Pearl Jam threads.;)
    That would be sweet...........I was thinking about posting the "reverse street team training" thing that you quoted in all of the related threads. :D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    tybird wrote:

and me... :D:D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • If pearl jam ever hook up with chris theres gonna bea fan riot :D
  • Haha, that's awesome that someone finally pointed that out.
  • Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    http://www.chriscornell.com/boards/

lol@ the title of your post. :D
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    that's all it it, BULLSHIT!
    Chris Cornell is a pompous asshole!
    My puppy took a shit on his "Carry On" album yesterday morning!
  • well at least someone is trying to stop the madness, stop the MADNESS!!
    well at least someone is trying to stop the madness, stop the MADNESS!!

Those punks aint gonna know what hit them these next couple of months as my Eddie Vedder - Into The Wild street team hits their forum along with shameless promotion of the upcoming DVD to boot.;)
  • Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    Crap like this: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=251531 makes me want to vomit. I bet Cornell himself would be disgusted at the ridiculous lengths these people go to shove advertising down our throats. It makes actual fans of his work(like me), embarassed by these morons who keep spamming the place. Then again I'm probably just falling for a troll, heh. I don't think we should be blaming or attacking him, it's probably the recording company desperate to shift more copies. However, something needs to be done about the excessive topics. I can understand normal fans talking live shows, but when people keep spamming the place up like these street team guys, something needs to be done.
    Duder5k wrote:
    Crap like this: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=251531 makes me want to vomit. I bet Cornell himself would be disgusted at the ridiculous lengths these people go to shove advertising down our throats. It makes actual fans of his work(like me), embarassed by these morons who keep spamming the place. Then again I'm probably just falling for a troll, heh. I don't think we should be blaming or attacking him, it's probably the recording company desperate to shift more copies. However, something needs to be done about the excessive topics. I can understand normal fans talking live shows, but when people keep spamming the place up like these street team guys, something needs to be done.

It's already kept me from buying the album and others I'm sure.:)
    As I said in another thread I'll buy it second hand in 6 months or so when the fuss has died down, given some's reactions there should be plenty of second hand copies out there by then.:)
  • Oh yeah, that Chris Cornell dude. He's the best. And apparently is popularity on this board is only exceeded by ....... Pearl Jam.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    everyone needs to get over the fact that theres alot of cornell threads. theres even more when you stupid fuckers start ones saying how much you dislike him. so you need to stop, not us. this is the other music thread. chris cornell is other music. if he has alot of fans, let us discuss and just ignore it. no need to start your dumb little threads and start bitching. chris cornell has a huge amount of talent and is an amazing musician.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    The real problem is that this board is poorly moderated. All those CC threads should be merged (as well all those Vic threads over at the Porch).
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    "everyone needs to get over the fact that theres alot of cornell threads. theres even more when you stupid fuckers start ones saying how much you dislike him. so you need to stop, not us. this is the other music thread. chris cornell is other music. if he has alot of fans, let us discuss and just ignore it. no need to start your dumb little threads and start bitching. chris cornell has a huge amount of talent and is an amazing musician."

I don't think anyone is saying that they don't like Cornell. Well, I know that there a few people but I'm sure most people on this board enjoy Temple of the Dog. But the fact that he has numerous threads dedicated to him is annoying and can be seen as spam. It works both ways - the I hate Chris Cornell threads are stupid too, but so are all the Cornell worship ones. There's a difference between discussion - which is cool - and spamming - which is just annoying.
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Whoever posted this on Cornell's board is my new hero:

Re: Pearl JAM!!!!!

OMG has anyone heard of PEARL JAM????

Eddie is SO HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is really deep and has da best voice ever!!!!

BUY THEIR NEW ALBUM!!! Ignore all the critics because they just don't get it!!!! Apart from the ones who gave it a positive review, they know REAL music, like PEARL JAM!!!!!!!
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
    It was me. I didn't want to say anything becuase it completely contradicts what I just said in my previous post but I couldn't help it.
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    muppet wrote:
    It was me. I didn't want to say anything becuase it completely contradicts what I just said in my previous post but I couldn't help it.

Well, I spit snapple all over my keyboard when I read it so thanks for the laugh.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • The thing is, you can have a far better discussion about Chris Cornell and his music on this forum. The ACTUAL Chris Cornell forums are just full of fanboys/girls who won't say a bad thing about the man. It does actually make me feel sick to read some of the posts over there, these people don't seem to have opinions or senses of wrong or right. I mean the whole jeans issue was barely spoken about. I'm sure they're all a lovely bunch of people but they also seem to be a little bit ignorant and worryingly obsessive. So I'm thankful to have the Pit, not only to discuss Pearl Jam, but also the wealth of other music in the world and hear positive and (god forbid) NEGATIVE opinions. Not everyone thinks like everyone else, so don't force them to (looking at you CC Street Team).
    everyone needs to get over the fact that theres alot of cornell threads. theres even more when you stupid fuckers start ones saying how much you dislike him. so you need to stop, not us. this is the other music thread. chris cornell is other music. if he has alot of fans, let us discuss and just ignore it. no need to start your dumb little threads and start bitching. chris cornell has a huge amount of talent and is an amazing musician.
    A street team member, or should I say former member, spilled the beans....the number of threads related to the subject is not organic...it is an attempt by street team members to push the product, not discuss or debate.
    "The thing is, you can have a far better discussion about Christ Cornell and his music on this forum. The ACTUAL Chris Cornell forums are just full of fanboys/girls who won't say a bad thing about the man. It does actually make me feel sick to read some of the posts over there, these people don't seem to have opinions or senses of wrong or right. I mean the whole jeans issue was barely spoken about. I'm sure they're all a lovely bunch of people but they also seem to be a little bit ignorant and worryingly obsessive. So I'm thankful to have the Pit, not only to discuss Pearl Jam, but also the wealth of other music in the world and hear positive and (god forbid) NEGATIVE opinions. Not everyone thinks like everyone else, so don't force them to (looking at you CC Street Team)."

Definately agree. It's scary seeing some of the posts. And most of the posters are woman aged 40+.

"A street team member, or should I say former member, spilled the beans....the number of threads related to the subject is not organic...it is an attempt by street team members to push the product, not discuss or debate."

I remember seeing a thread a while back about a former street team member who was disgusted about the Denver concert. He was definately angry and was not pleased with Cornell. What happened to that thread? Did it get deleted, becuase for the life of me I can't find it, and it certinally got a lot of responses.
  • muppet wrote:
    "Christ Cornell"
    Haha, oops. I've edited that now.
    muppet wrote:
    "
    I remember seeing a thread a while back about a former street team member who was disgusted about the Denver concert. He was definately angry and was not pleased with Cornell. What happened to that thread? Did it get deleted, becuase for the life of me I can't find it, and it certinally got a lot of responses.
    His user id is pjtaper.................I believe.