primal scream - xtrmntr

The Great CornholioThe Great Cornholio Posts: 157
edited October 2006 in Other Music
cool as fuck album.

definitely their best, any other fans of primal scream?
...Pearl Jam, a group filled with pride, passion, and intricate musicianship. Their music is full of subtle textures, rich color, soul-searching power, imagery, and eerie dissonance.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Definitely an AMAZING album....Swastika Eyes is crazy good. I saw them live on the XTRMNTR tour - what an insane show, my friend fainted from the intense light show (either that or all the pot we smoked)

....although in my opinion this album can't hold a candle to Screamadelica (even though thats like comparing apples and oranges)

....Vanishing Point and Evil HEat aren't to shabby either

.....haven't checked out their brand spanking new album - there was a post on here a few weeks back claiming that is was fantasitic (very rocking)

KILL ALL HIPPIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • it's kinda like the give out but dont give up album but more rocking. i have all their albums apart from vanishing point. screamadelica is amazing, definitely a chill out album, prb the best chill out album ever

def a band i would love to see live.
    ...Pearl Jam, a group filled with pride, passion, and intricate musicianship. Their music is full of subtle textures, rich color, soul-searching power, imagery, and eerie dissonance.
    Vanishing Point is definitely worth checking out - i love it, another great chill out album. There was also a Vanishing Point Remix album (called Echo Dek) that is really great too (maybe even better than VP)

....totally agree about Screamadelica - in fact i would say it is one of the best albums ever - period. Higher Than The Sun - amazing

.....I plan on getting the new album, X-Mas is coming (there are soooooo many CD's out now that i MUST own)
  • am d/l vanishing point now.

screamadelica is blasting on me speakers, and am sinking a can of harp. it's all good
  • their new album is back to basics rock n roll, just like Give Out But Don't Give Up. My personal favourite is Vanishing Point, it's one of the most amazing and eclectic albums i've ever heard
    die on a hilltop.. eyeing the crows,
    waiting for your lids to close..
    but you want to watch as they peck your flesh..
    Ironic that they go for the eyes first
    am d/l vanishing point now.

screamadelica is blasting on me speakers, and am sinking a can of harp. it's all good

.....so - any thoughts on Vanishing Point???????
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Todd76 wrote:
    ....although in my opinion this album can't hold a candle to Screamadelica (even though thats like comparing apples and oranges)

Exactly.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • vanishing point is very good, but i still prefer xtrmntr and evil heat over it.

vp has some amazing music on it. i prob buy it next week.
  • i dig them the most.

i actually wasnt introduced to them until this summer when 'riot city blues' came out - i fell in love immediately. the next album i bought was 'XTRMNTR' which was a completely different sound, but fucking brilliant nonetheless.

i cant wait till they tour.
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    prml scrm s cl. rll lk thm.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • I don't really understand the appeal. They're pretty boring to me, and I reckon the singer has a bit of a rock legend complex.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison