QOTSA short video

T-CaseT-Case Posts: 186
edited February 2007 in Other Music
was just checkin out their website for news about the new album and this was the most recent post
http://www.rekordsrekords.com/qotsa/videos/Q2.1.mov
PJ at MSG in 2008! Mission Accomplished

The band all knows. We're too afraid to mention.
Don't want to be part of Frank's luncheon.
Lose weight. Be safe. Where's Mike McCready?
My god he's been ate!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Am I the only person in the world who is anticipating this album (rumor has it that trent is on it). I think that this album is going to rawk and rawk hard.

BTW I am also pumped on the fact that Babyduck and Boots electric are going to record the new EODM album in mid April after the european tour. Wish they would record another dessert sessions. :(

NEW QOTSA and possibly NEW EODM in 2007
    viva
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    I am also excited. When is FUCKING JUNE???
    Listen to that clip again. The opener sound like that "ya-hoo! Yahoo! I got my head checked, by eychembochek" song by Blur. Coincidence?
  • I hear some Smells Like Teen Spirit in there as well. Man they tease so well.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • (rumor has it that trent is on it)

huh??? where'd you hear that? trent almost canceled the NIN/QOTSA tour because he hates josh so much...
  • that's what i thought too, but there was a thread in the rekords rekords forum saying trent and julian casablancas from the strokes as well as mark lanegan would be making guest appearances
  • Fuckin' a. This album will be awesome. Reminds me of S/T.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
    Why? The st didn't have Nick or Mark in it, so why would guest vocals remind you of a josh-sung album?
  • February 23, 2007, 6:05 PM ET
    Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
    Nine Inch Nails' Trent Reznor, the Strokes' Julian Casablancas, former group member Mark Lanegan and ZZ Top guitarist Billy F. Gibbons make guest appearances on the new Queens Of The Stone Age album, "Era Vulgaris." As previously reported, the set is due in June via Interscope.

A brief video montage of the group in the studio was posted this afternoon (Feb. 23) on the QOTSA Web site. A recent post on the site listed potential new song titles as "Into the Hollow," "Misfit Love," "Battery Acid" and "Sick, Sick, Sick."

"Era Vulgaris" is the follow-up to 2005's "Lullabies to Paralyze." That set has sold 342,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan, and spawned the No. 2 Modern Rock hit "Little Sister."

Gibbons previously guested with QOTSA on the "Paralyze" track "Burn the Witch," while Reznor's Nine Inch Nails toured with QOTSA in 2005.
  • Alex_Coe wrote:
    Why? The st didn't have Nick or Mark in it, so why would guest vocals remind you of a josh-sung album?

I'm guessing you didn't watch the video or what?
    The video reminds you of S/T,

or

The guest star lineup reminds you of S/T?

Because one of those makes sense, and the second one does not.
  • The video. The topic of the thread.
  • rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    OH FUCK! I am so stoked for this to come out. Just that little teaser sounds better then LTP (and I love that album). Sounds very promising.......especially with trent on the album too.
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • VOLITIONVOLITION Posts: 328
    Fuck Ya, i had no idea QOTSA have a new album coming out. Thanks!!!!
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
    check out their songs on their myspace page.
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
    I realy like that song "Into the Hollow". Once it goes thru production, it'll be pretty sweet on ErV.
    bump