Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young

krobbinzkrobbinz Posts: 187
edited July 2006 in Other Music
Check them out!! really....its a lot of bullshit protest songs for the first hour but for the rest of the show, they reveal the great musicians that they are.

I seen them at the Excel Center on the 15th of July, not long after Pearl Jam, but to hear Neil Young Jam to Rockin in the Free world on the same stage that Pearl Jam had shared weeks earlier makes it worthwhile.....and for those of you that NEVER seen Neil young in action is a site to be seen, it makes the legendary Tom Petty look like a begining musician!

I recomend it totally...5 out of 5 stars!
East Troy 10/08/00 St. Paul 06/16/03 Chicago 5/17/06 St. Paul 6/26/06 St. Paul 6/27/06 Lollapalooza '07 Bonnaroo '08
Chicago 8/23/09 Chicago 8/24/09 PJ 20 9/3/11 PJ 20 9/4/11 Milwaukee 10/20/14 Chicago 8/20/16 Chicago 8/22/16 Chicago 8/18/18 Chicago 8/20/18
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neartodeathneartodeath Posts: 167
    tom petty...a "begining musician"...whatever!

as far as the csny show goes i can't beleive how greedy those bastards are. the show is not worth $200 a ticket. sorry

living with war is a great cd and it is showcased well on this csny tour. the show is more political than last time's greatest hits outing.

let's impeach the president and the star spangled were the 2 highlights that tied EVERYTHING together

war is not the answer
  • AstroFanAstroFan Posts: 193
    I saw them at Red Rocks this year; great show. 3 full hours worth of great music.

I'm not sure if I would say the first hour was 'bullshit protest songs' though. Unless the setlist dramatically changed, it seems like they start the set with political songs(ex: around half the new album, Military Madness, ect.), do some of their other material in the middle, and then do more political songs towards the end as well(Find The Cost Of Freedom, Let's Impeach The President, Ohio, What Are Their Names, RITFW ect.)

Unless you just didn't like the sound of the first set, rather than it having anything to do with the lyrics...

Anyways, some highlights of the show I went to:

1. Let's Impeach The President
    Nice use of the video screen behind them, with the lyrics being posted on the screen to the right of the stage. Good crowd reaction too.

2. Restless Consumer
    My favorite song off the new album, and Neil seemed to be getting pretty emotional while yelling "Don't need no more lies"

3. Rockin In The Free World
    Seemed like it was more than 10 minutes long, with several extended solo's by Neil. He broke almost all the strings on his guitar by the end of this song.

4. Military Madness by Graham Nash
    I love the song by itself, but it was nice to see the ovation it got when he changed the lyrics to "And I hope George Bush remembers what's driving the people wild"

5. Almost Cut My Hair
    David Crosby still has a great voice...