Any new Wolfmother??

release30release30 Posts: 2,051
edited August 2008 in Other Music
I need some new stuff by them.....Anyone know if they have a new album coming out anytime soon??
Conversations getting dull
There's a constant ringing in my ears
Sense of humor's void and numb
And I'm bored to tears.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    id say tis highly possible theyve got something going on. this weekend theyre playing one of our major festivals and thats always a good place to air new stuff, yeah?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    id say tis highly possible theyve got something going on. this weekend theyre playing one of our major festivals and thats always a good place to air new stuff, yeah?

Can you please let us know if they play anything new...
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    release30 wrote:
    Can you please let us know if they play anything new...

well... cause it's splendour in the grass and tix to that festy are so incredibly difficult to get(you can only get them online and have to provide ID detalis for every single person youre buying tix for. and they cant be transferred to someone else without a whole lot if rigmarole) i wont be there. but if i hear anything about new stuff, ill let you know. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • I should hope so. I saw them in March of 2007 and they played a couple new songs at that show, and that was over a year ago. They were amazing live.
    well... cause it's splendour in the grass and tix to that festy are so incredibly difficult to get(you can only get them online and have to provide ID detalis for every single person youre buying tix for. and they cant be transferred to someone else without a whole lot if rigmarole) i wont be there. but if i hear anything about new stuff, ill let you know. :)

Thx....
  • IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 671
    I can't wait!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
    They just split up!! Fuck this band was very high on my list..And I was dying for a new album by them....:(
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    Billboard:
    Wolfmother To Continue With New Members
    Wolfmother

August 07, 2008 , 11:10 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
    Keyboardist/bassist Chris Ross and drummer Myles Heskett have exited Australian rock act Wolfmother after "longstanding frictions," but frontman Andrew Stockdale says he will continue the group with new members.

"Please understand that in spite of their best efforts over a long period of time, they just could not find a harmonious way to work together," reads a statement from Universal Music Australia.

Wolfmother exploded onto the scene with its self-titled 2006 debut, which has sold 517,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. It launched the rock radio hits "Woman" and "Joker and the Thief." The former song won a Grammy for best hard rock performance.

Following extensive touring in support of the album, Wolfmother went on hiatus late last year, emerging in April to roadtest new songs. But band member tensions remained, and following last weekend's appearance at the Australia's Splendour in the Grass festival, the decision was reached to split up.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    If you are looking for new stuff and you liked wolfmother please try out the band-

The Sword

They are similar to wolfmother in that they have a throw back sound, but rock much much harder and heavier. They are more of a sabbath throw back

Gods of Earth is their newest ablum and i think their best.
    Age of Winter is also a very good album too.

Iron Swan and Black River are two of my favorite songs.

Go forth and become a Sword fan :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22