Stone Temple Pilots plotting extensive tour

release30release30 Posts: 2,051
edited April 2008 in Other Music
LOS ANGELES (Billboard) - The recently reunited Stone Temple Pilots will next week announce plans for a summer tour of more than 50 amphitheaters, sources said.

The L.A. rock group has already confirmed a handful of festival dates, beginning with the Rock on the Range festival in Columbus, Ohio, on May 17-18.

Further details about STP's tour will be announced during an April 7 news conference at the Harry Houdini Estate in Los Angeles. It is still unclear whether the band will record new material.

Rock on the Range will be Stone Temple Pilots' first show since 2002, when it played 13 concerts to promote its final album, 2001's "Shangri-La Dee Da."

Singer Scott Weiland went on to co-found Velvet Revolver, which is about to conclude a European tour in support of its second album. But he and drummer Matt Sorum are engaged in a public feud, casting doubt on the outfit's future.
Conversations getting dull
There's a constant ringing in my ears
Sense of humor's void and numb
And I'm bored to tears.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i think we all knew this was coming

There is no way a band would get back together after 6 years and do just 4 or 5 shows.

Jane's Addiction tried it back in 1997 and ended up doing a whole new album.

So i have a feeling STP is going to be back for awhile.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    STP got announced at Virgin Festival. Looking forward to it even if its another trainwreck.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Lets Go Darien Lake 08!
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    I understand why there is so much negativity around this band, but come on guys, give them a chance!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1