Options

Metallica-Guns n' Roses-Tool touring together?

black_geoblack_geo Posts: 31
edited May 2006 in Other Music
Has anyone heard anything?Any links or info?
Thanx!
If I would, would you?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    black_geo wrote:
    Has anyone heard anything?Any links or info?
    Thanx!

The only thing I know is that all 3 are on the Download Festival at Donington Park in England.

http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/lineup/index.asp
  • Options
    After the pyro/riot incident, I doubt Metallica would tour with GNR (Axl) again.
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • Options
    black_geoblack_geo Posts: 31
    pjny wrote:
    After the pyro/riot incident, I doubt Metallica would tour with GNR (Axl) again.
    what is this 'incident'?sorry i didn't catch you
    If I would, would you?
  • Options
    chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    From what i remember James Hetfield got really badly burned during a show where they were opening for GnR.
    I cant remember if GnR went on or not but if they did it wasnt for long, Axl didnt want to play for some reason or other and then the fans trashed the building and ones outside too.
  • Options
    I can't really imagine Tool and GNR touring together....quite different fan bases. No offence to the average GNR fan but Tool fans are a little more cerebal than they...or least some of them think they are LOL.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • Options
    InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    Met and Guns were co-headlining a tour and Hetfield was burned in Montreal. Axl refused to go on after claiming voice problems and there was a riot.
  • Options
    Guns and Roses dont exist anymore.. its just Axl - I cant call that GnR.... refuse to really.

They did tour together, Faith No More opened for the both of them (they switched back and forth on who ended the night) - that was a fabulous tour.. and it fit well - GnR was never really the hair band that theyve developed the rep of being... man that was a great line up.

James sucked up a pyro and burned his throat and lungs..It was in Montreal... and yeah, fans got pissed after and trashed the place.
    I honestly dont remember if Metallica was closing the night, or GNR... can't remember that bit..

Seeing the three of them together (w/Tool) would be quite cool........ if it were actually GNR though..... which is never going to happen again.
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509
    GNR closed every night on that '92 tour, GNR always played later so they went on last. GNR played about an hour in Montreal when the riot happened. Also the Tool fans I have met sure as hell aren't any smarter than any other metal/rock fans, like someone said they just think they are smarter.
  • Options
    thankyougrandmathankyougrandma Posts: 1,182
    From wikipedia:

During a show in August 1992 at Montreal's Olympic Stadium, Metallica frontman James Hetfield suffered severe burns after stepping too close to a pyrotechnics blast. Metallica was forced to cancel the second hour of the show, but promised to return to the city for another show. After a long delay, during which the audience became increasingly restless, Guns N' Roses took the stage. However, the shortened time between sets did not allow for adequate tuning of stage monitors resulting in musicians not being able to hear themselves. Compounding the situation were Rose's claims that he had problems with his voice which caused the band to leave the stage early. The cancellation led to another riot by audience members, reminiscent of the rioting that had occurred in St. Louis one year earlier. Rioters overturned cars, smashed windows, looted local stores and set random fires. Local authorities were barely able to bring the mob under control.
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    Axl is a baby. If this GnR tour goes off without incident I will be surprised. I am sure he will have a headache for at least one show and refuse to play, or maybe it'll be a stomachache...
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    Clifwith1fClifwith1f Posts: 143
    I'd be surprised if those three bands toured together.
  • Options
    JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    Axl along with the rest of the old GNR members are bitches.
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Axl seems to be in better spirits these days. I am thinkin maybe the positive feedback about the leaks has lifted alotta pressure off his shoulders. "There Was A Time" is a pretty amazing song.

It bugs me a little that they are usin the name, but judgin from the leaks they could earn the name with the album. They could go ahead and change their name, but at this point whether its GnR or the Axl Rose Project they know who is runnin the show.
  • Options
    chrisopaloozachrisopalooza Posts: 347
    pjny wrote:

yeah, in the behind-the-music of metallica, the band made it blatantly clear that they hate every inch axl rose after that. plus it's not guns n' roses...it's axl's cover band.