Korn

MetalGod75MetalGod75 Posts: 262
edited September 2006 in Other Music
Dont know how many of you jammers like KORN but i love em:)I was wondering if anyone here has seen em live since they became a 4 piece,i was wondering how Munky sounds on his own?Do the songs sound empty without the other guitar?
Cornell pwns u
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    They sound pretty good on the new dvd that they released a couple of months ago. My brother went to their show in Orlando and he said they had some of the guys from Slipknot backing them up for the show. I'll let you know for sure how it is after the show here the week after next!
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    They played at download festival but the lead guy was out so they got even more losers to sing. DIdn't really listen as the music sounded bad enough.
  • Leo86Leo86 Posts: 165
    I BrisK I wrote:
    They played at download festival but the lead guy was out so they got even more losers to sing. DIdn't really listen as the music sounded bad enough.

Yeah i saw them at download, but was disappointed that Jonathan wasnt there. They had lots of extra musicians on stage, including two drummers i think?!, all wearing animal costumes as seen on the new album cover. So no, it doesnt sound empty at all.:)
    Dublin 23/08/06
    Wembley 18/06/07
  • I used to love Korn, not so much now.
    Leo86 wrote:
    Yeah i saw them at download, but was disappointed that Jonathan wasnt there. They had lots of extra musicians on stage, including two drummers i think?!, all wearing animal costumes as seen on the new album cover. So no, it doesnt sound empty at all.:)

I went for Alice in chains and Metallica + tool were a nice bonus

what about you ?
    I BrisK I wrote:
    I went for Alice in chains and Metallica + tool were a nice bonus

what about you ?

Yeah Alice In Chains was the main one. Also Tool, Stone Sour and Metallica. I like Metallica, but im not a huge fan, and i thought they were amazing. Great set.

What did you think of Alice In Chains? I was so glad to see them. They're my second favourite band behind Pearl Jam. I thought the new singer was good and sounded suprisingly close to Layne!
    Dublin 23/08/06
    Wembley 18/06/07
    Leo86 wrote:
    Yeah Alice In Chains was the main one. Also Tool, Stone Sour and Metallica. I like Metallica, but im not a huge fan, and i thought they were amazing. Great set.

What did you think of Alice In Chains? I was so glad to see them. They're my second favourite band behind Pearl Jam. I thought the new singer was good and sounded suprisingly close to Layne!

he was good

did you see them at the astoria ?
  • MetalGod75 wrote:
    Dont know how many of you jammers like KORN but i love em:)I was wondering if anyone here has seen em live since they became a 4 piece,i was wondering how Munky sounds on his own?Do the songs sound empty without the other guitar?

havent seen them live since the 90's but i do love this band,too
    ...It's only after disaster that we can be resurrected...
    it's only after you've lost everything ...that you are free to do anything....(Fight Club)

... I'll ride the wave...where it takes me....
    I BrisK I wrote:
    he was good

did you see them at the astoria ?

unfortunately not. i expect it was better than download beacause it was their own gig?!! i would have liked to have seen sludge factory/dam that river/angry chair. i thought the download set was good though, but only 8 songs.

did you go then? i bet it was class.
    Dublin 23/08/06
    Wembley 18/06/07
  • BeavBeav Posts: 223
    I was about ten feet from the stage Friday for Korn. Like someone else posted, they have nameless people in masks helping out with extra guitar, keyboard and percussion, but they put on a good show. I swear Dave's tempo was shifting a little though. Gotta give em props for mentioning how we Steeler fans got the most heart! Here We Go...!
    "Sooner or later you'll bare your teeth"
    www.myspace.com/volinic
    www.myspace.com/zane26 (band)
  • darthdarth Posts: 139
    I saw them back in August and I thought they sounded great, I was dissapointed when Brian left the band, but after hearing them live I didn't miss him as much.
    9/16/95; 10/14/00; 10/15/00; 10/17/00; 4/5/03; 4/6/03; 10/04/09; 11/12/12 (Ed); 11/16/13; 10/12/14
  • InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    I can't say I'm into Korn's music...sometimes it sounds good though. I do have a soft spot for them as I used to work at a hotel where Jonathan lived and he was a really nice guy it seemed to me.
  • wow, i would never have thought that PJ fans would like Korn.

anyways, i was a huge fan at the age of 15-16. i dont really listen to them anymore though. they just got worse with each album. still a great live band though.

i enjoy 'selftitled', 'life is peachy' and 'follow the leader'.
    'issues' is okay-ish, too many fillers though.
    'untouchables' had about 3 or 4 songs i liked.
    'take a look...' only had about 1 or 2 songs i liked.

their newest album...well...dont let me get started on that one.