Options

New Tool Album Sucks Ass?????????

MetalGod75MetalGod75 Posts: 262
edited May 2006 in Other Music
Im really not impressed with 10000 Days just cant get into it,just my opinion but it sounds like a band that has run out of ideas?
Cornell pwns u
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    MetalGod75 wrote:
    Im really not impressed with 10000 Days just cant get into it,just my opinion but it sounds like a band that has run out of ideas?

I've only just got into Tool, picked up Aenima and Lateralus about two weeks before 10,000 Days was released, then got the leak and bought the new album.
    While I like what I hear, I think it all sounds very similar.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    NoKNoK Posts: 824
    I thought the album was really good. Wings for Marie and then 10000 days were amazing together. I wanted something similar to Lateralus, dont think Aenima or Undertow sound anything like the last two albums though.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I don't think the album is aweful, but i think it is their weakest effort.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    10,000 days is a brilliant album. It is a great classic Tool album. Not their most elaborate, but certainly has many very good unique moments

I don't think it should be discussed anymore under the topic "New Tool Album Sucks Ass"
    DISRESPECT of an original masterpiece
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    hahahah posters like tha last one are always hilarious.

I don't think the new album is very good either. I would have been disappointed if it came out a year after lateralus, let alone 5.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    Sucks Ass?

I think it's really good - The first two tunes rock

3 & 4 are very intense and I like where it ends up

5 is great - I love his voice on that one and it's got a great groove

Then it starts to get a little strange, but Right in Two brings it back strong

It's not the greatest album but I would disagree with the Title Thread Very Strongly
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • Options
    offhegoes09offhegoes09 Posts: 327
    I feel you...definately subpar tool in my eyes
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • Options
    AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    Wow, all you people who are panning it are making me scrath my head. This album is SUPERB.

I disagree that it is not complex, because there is a lot going on with these tunes, and they are EPIC. 10,000 Days the song is mindblowing, and very emotional at its core, given its context.

How can you not get into 'The Pot' or 'Right in Two'??? Those are some classic sounding Tool rockers. It's not as 'radio friendly' as Aenima or Lateralus, but it is certainly a progression. Lateralus was very complex, but also fairly accessible to non-Tool fans. 10,000 Days takes it a step further, but isn't as catchy on first listen. It is the type of art that needs time to appreciate. But once you get into it, it is extremely fulfilling. I didn't like it upon first or even second listen, but now I feel like I was a complete fool. This album very powerful.

Unfortunately, many people have a short attention span in this culture, and will dismiss this album far too early.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    I hear Nickelback could use some more fans. Maybe Fall Out Boy will keep your attention span? Check out some Good Charlotte, now that's classic.

:rolleyes:
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    offhegoes09offhegoes09 Posts: 327
    Wow, all you people who are panning it are making me scrath my head. This album is SUPERB.

I disagree that it is not complex, because there is a lot going on with these tunes, and they are EPIC. 10,000 Days the song is mindblowing, and very emotional at its core, given its context.

How can you not get into 'The Pot' or 'Right in Two'??? Those are some classic sounding Tool rockers. It's not as 'radio friendly' as Aenima or Lateralus, but it is certainly a progression. Lateralus was very complex, but also fairly accessible to non-Tool fans. 10,000 Days takes it a step further, but isn't as catchy on first listen. It is the type of art that needs time to appreciate. But once you get into it, it is extremely fulfilling. I didn't like it upon first or even second listen, but now I feel like I was a complete fool. This album very powerful.

Unfortunately, many people have a short attention span in this culture, and will dismiss this album far too early.

I'll admit that with all the great new music out right now I've only listened to 10,000 days 3 times all the way through, I'm just still not impresssed. I'll give it a couple more spins this weekend. Your argument is fairly persuasive.
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • Options
    I've been a fan since 93 and the new album is on par with all of their other work. It has some filler on it. So does Lateralus, AEinima and Undertow though. I love Vicarious... although it's radio friendly... the lyrics are pretty straight forward and perfectly describe the American psyche. Wings for Marie and 10000 Days could not be anymore perfect. Right in Two is awesome as well.

That's why music is a very subjective artform.

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • Options
    mattosbornemattosborne Posts: 339
    Aenima and Lateralus I would agree are two the best rock/metal albums of this generation. 10,000 Days however is pretty much all recycled from previous albums. "The Pot" would be an exception. Almost everything I hear on 10,000 Days I could listen to one of the two previous albums and get almost the same thing, a little better though.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    I hear Nickelback could use some more fans. Maybe Fall Out Boy will keep your attention span? Check out some Good Charlotte, now that's classic.

:rolleyes:

hahahah you kids crack me up.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Echoes wrote:
    hahahah posters like tha last one are always hilarious.

I don't think the new album is very good either. I would have been disappointed if it came out a year after lateralus, let alone 5.

I know what you mean. This album really seems to discredit their "it takes 5 years to progress" motto, when explaining the years between albums. There is not much on this cd that they havent already done, and alotta rehashed ideas. I like some of the ideas in the new songs more than old ones, but 5 years is way too long to wait for 10k Days.

I think alotta Tool fans are lying about what they think of it. Itsa solid album, but to say it ranks with any of their past work is ridiculous. The songs are good, but the segueways are so pointless it makes my head hurt.
  • Options
    i think it's really good. i like it more than undertow even though that's sacrilege in the tool army.
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    tool army.

*In best Beavis and Butthead voice* You mean theres an army of tools about huh huh, huh huh cool.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    JamnPearlJamnPearl Posts: 204
    I'll admit that with all the great new music out right now I've only listened to 10,000 days 3 times all the way through, I'm just still not impresssed. I'll give it a couple more spins this weekend. Your argument is fairly persuasive.

I felt the same way you did after the first few listens, but trust me, once it clicks, you wont regret it.

I think the album ranks right up there along with Aenima and Lateralus, but that's just my opinion. I think it's easily better than Undertow though. Their worst effort or not, the album is still easily better than almost any album released recently.
  • Options
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    I think alotta Tool fans are lying about what they think of it. Itsa solid album, but to say it ranks with any of their past work is ridiculous.

How would a persons opinion be a lie? I like 10KD as much as Aenima at least, but nothing can top Lateralus...probably because that's my all time favorite album.
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    JamnPearl wrote:
    How would a persons opinion be a lie? I like 10KD as much as Aenima at least, but nothing can top Lateralus...probably because that's my all time favorite album.

The majority of Tool's internet fans hated the album when they heard the leak, but once they picked up the album at the store, and realized that it was the real deal, they loved it. There are still people that think its some sort of decoy.
  • Options
    it starts off very good, the pot is an awesome awesome song, but it really does drop off after that, havnt got into the 2nd half of the album at all...
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • Options
    ucsbucsb Posts: 58
    MetalGod75 wrote:

hahah just popped it in!!.....the first song is amazing!
  • Options
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    The majority of Tool's internet fans hated the album when they heard the leak, but once they picked up the album at the store, and realized that it was the real deal, they loved it. There are still people that think its some sort of decoy.

Yeah that's true, but I liked the album a lot even before it came out.
  • Options
    mattosbornemattosborne Posts: 339
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:

Yep, a lot of them tried to pass it off as fake even.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Seriously? I would honestly give it another go. I bought it today and actually got chills, the ability of this band is staggering, they truly are genius'.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    lotta ass sucking goin on the new tool, i agree...nothing can touch opiate and aenima....not really into this one, maybe cuz the new chilis, pj, and neil young all came out so it is last in line priority wise, whatever the case, currently it is on my shelf sucking loads of ass.....right beside nickelback
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    not4unot4u Posts: 512
    new tool's okay. I was able to grab thier show at the humming bird bootleg. Soggy. Its very uninspired within maynards vocals.. maynard=VERYhighly overrated singer live - except back in 92-98 when he was awesome. The fact that its #1 only makes us Pearl Jam fans that much stronger.
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • Options
    Pearl Jam forever. Tool who thefuck are you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wembley 96 and 07

Ishmael - "This book was passed around during the last recording session (Yeild), and we pass it on to you... You could almost go as far as saying that the liner notes to the record are in there."
  • Options
    Pearl Jam forever. Tool who thefuck are you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tool has written some stuff that is in fact genius...
    the old songs will always have a place in me. but i don't really care about tool anymore..
    it seems like 'sober' is turning just as cheesy as 'enter sandman'
    lol!
  • Options
    not4u wrote:
    tool has written some stuff that is in fact genius...

Son, she said have Igot a real story for you!
    Wembley 96 and 07

Ishmael - "This book was passed around during the last recording session (Yeild), and we pass it on to you... You could almost go as far as saying that the liner notes to the record are in there."
  • Options
    Son, she said have Igot a real story for you!

what did she say?