Worst Onstage Meltdowns

Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
edited August 2006 in Other Music
http://www.blender.com/guide/articles.aspx?id=2004

Personal favorite:

"Durst berated the crowd from the wings, boasting that limpbizkit was the greatest band in the world, until his microphone was taken from him".
The less you know, the more you believe.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    FRUIT ’N NUTS
    Fred Durst
    When Metallica’s 2003 Summer Sanitarium tour arrived in Chicago, few of the 40,000 headbangers gathered at Hawthorne Racecourse were keen to see openers limpbizkit. Possibly incited by a feud between bizkit frontman Fred Durst and local shock-jock Erich “Mancow” Muller, the crowd held up signs reading “Fred Sucks” and pelted him with garbage and coins. Dodging the barrage of detritus, Durst suggested that the audience’s lousy aim explained why the local baseball teams were so bad — ironically, he was then struck squarely in the balls by a lemon. Calling the set to an early end, Durst berated the crowd from the wings, boasting that limpbizkit was the greatest band in the world, until his microphone was taken from him.

FORGIVE ME, FATHER …
    Scott Stapp
    Messianic Creed singer Scott Stapp seemed over-refreshed before playing Chicago’s Allstate Arena on December 29, 2002, possibly due to a cocktail of Jack Daniel’s, Xanax and an anti-inflammatory steroid he’d been taking for his throat. After performing five songs, Stapp wandered off stage, and guitarist Mark Tremonti went backstage to look for him. He found the singer resting on a couch, apparently convinced he’d played a full set. Persuaded to return to the stage, Stapp removed his shirt and shoes before falling backwards over a monitor. He then got up and sang the wrong words to crowd favorites “Higher” and “Arms Wide Open.” Four fans later sued the band, demanding the entire audience be refunded.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • that's terrific...
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Metallic.............Guns N' Roses.............Montreal............prehaps the worst on-stage meltdown of all time.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    would it be callous to say the guy who shot dimebag?

probably
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
    Echoes wrote:
    would it be callous to say the guy who shot dimebag?

probably
    I guess that would be a "forced" meltdown????
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 703
    Fiona Apple's famous melt-down in NYC in 2000.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    tybird wrote:
    Metallic.............Guns N' Roses.............Montreal............prehaps the worst on-stage meltdown of all time.
    Axl Rose in St. Louis
  • upina2001upina2001 Posts: 764
    does sinead oconnor ripping up the pope's picture on SNL count?

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

InHiding80 wrote:
    Axl Rose in St. Louis
    Wasn't most of that damage, caused by the riot, limited to the venue? The Montreal mess made it to the city's streets.
  • humanlighthumanlight Posts: 271
    Sure, and keeping with the SNL spirit....lets go with Ashley Simpson! I guess we could include the Orange Bowl too (not sure if that is the accurate game, sorry.)
    "F**K you, I have laundry to do" -ed
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    azwyldcats wrote:

what happened here?

i understand grace slick had a pretty spectacular meltdown in germany once.
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    what happened here?

She said she couldn't hear herself singing and got really upset, leaving the stage. In the new Rolling Stone, she's interviewed about it and she says that someone who had been bothering her got to her, and that she had a panic attack on stage.
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • azwyldcats wrote:

ditto..u beat me to it.
    No need to be void,.. or save up on life,...
    Got to spend it all,.....

"Those who dance are called insane by those who don't hear the music." EV

1-14-95, 9-04-00, 7-01-03, 5-30-06, 10-21-06, 10-22-06, 6-17-08, 6-22-08, 8-16-08 E.V., 6-15-09 E.V., 10-28-09, 5-13-10.