Ticketmaster

Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
edited December 2006 in Other Music
The new security letter/number combination thing is a real pain in the ass! Just got shut out of Incubus tickets after getting the combination wrong for 3 straight times. I couldnt even fucking read it! What was wrong with just typing in a run of the mill word to verify you were not a computer accessing the ticket page?

[/rant]
The less you know, the more you believe.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• If you can't read it's your own fault.

I have never had any problems, stop whining and get your eyes checked.
  • I have 20/15 vision...

Anyhow...you used to just have to type in a word like "vision" and be done with it, now it looks something like "73eBGhwS".
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • i didn't know they changed it so i just checked it out. you know what, it is a lot harder! this sucks.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • if you have a flat screen, dont look at it head on
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • Jammin909 wrote:
    The new security letter/number combination thing is a real pain in the ass! Just got shut out of Incubus tickets after getting the combination wrong for 3 straight times. I couldnt even fucking read it! What was wrong with just typing in a run of the mill word to verify you were not a computer accessing the ticket page?

[/rant]

i know what you mean...all of those verification codes for all sites are a pain. they are always warped and it's difficult to tell upper from lower case...in some cases you can't even tell what the letter is!
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    I first saw this this morning. Ticketmaster officilally sucks even more
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Jammin909 wrote:
    got shut out of Incubus tickets after getting the combination wrong for 3 straight times. [/rant]

You can't totally blame ticketmaster this time. I'm pretty sure most of the Incubus shows this tour sold out during the pre-sale. I know some people that tried to get them during the pre-sale and they were gone already
  • kcuf me wrote:
    You can't totally blame ticketmaster this time. I'm pretty sure most of the Incubus shows this tour sold out during the pre-sale. I know some people that tried to get them during the pre-sale and they were gone already

pre-sale is only allotted so many tickets
  • The new system is time consuming, but it means you have to be that much calmer so you don't screw up the code when you're trying for tickets. I don't blame Ticketmaster as much as I do the scalpers who make this sort of security inconvenience necessary. As far as the Incubus tickets go, I know they went fast, but there they were - minutes later - for twice the face value on e-Bay. That's what really sucks.

(And it also reinforces my love of indie and new bands ... $15 a ticket for a show that stays on sale for a couple of days is refreshing.)

I was able to get two tickets for Incubus because of the album pre-order pre-sale, but those were for my kids. I guess I won't be seeing them this time, and considering it'll be the first time in many moons, that makes me pretty sad. (I'm hoping for a bigger venue tour down the road ... has anyone heard anything about that possibility?)
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Jammin909 wrote:

[/rant]

Yea. It really is much more of a pain in the ass than ever.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • tnt358tnt358 Posts: 72
    the new system sucks

they make the fucking code so its hard to tell the diference betwen lower and capital case

i'm trying to buy a ticket not solve a fucking mistery puzzle
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Jammin909 wrote:

[/rant]
    No shit... seriously! Ticketmaster is god awful. We just got screwed on Eric Clapton Tix this morning. My friend was online at 9:55am and all the seats that kept popping up were upper balcony nose bleeds and they are 90 bucks. I'm cool with it, cause at least i'm in the building, but seriously, their system was pretty screwed up this morning. I don't see how upper balcony seats are the only things available right at 10am and that password / hold your tix for two minutes while you fill out a long winded doesn't help either.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • you guys should go to ticketmaster locations or use the phone if its that big of a problem
  • Wow, I just checked it and um, wow. Thats awful.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Yeah, it sucks. But I snagged mine from the pre-sale. All I had to do was order the CD directly from Sony, or whoever, and they gave me the code when it was time to order. Sweet!
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i bought snow patrol tickets on pre-sale yesterday. the ticket was $27.50. by the time ticketmaster was done charging convenience, service, and handling fees, it was $42. $15 in surcharges on a $27 ticket. the security code procedure is the least of my issues with ticketmaster.
  • uglybabouglybabo Posts: 520
    tnt358 wrote:
    the new system sucks

they make the fucking code so its hard to tell the diference betwen lower and capital case

i'm trying to buy a ticket not solve a fucking mistery puzzle

I agree it should be easier to read but the code is not case sensitive.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,685
    The new code system is much harder to decipher...and there's a reason. Ticket brokers have software that allows them to use high speed automated searches because it can "read" the code and enter it, getting it right more often than wrong...with the old verifcation words.

The new TM word verification makes it much more difficult for this software to work, but it also makes it that much more difficult for the average user to read and properly enter the word as well.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Poncier wrote:
    The new code system is much harder to decipher...and there's a reason. Ticket brokers have software that allows them to use high speed automated searches because it can "read" the code and enter it, getting it right more often than wrong...with the old verifcation words.

The new TM word verification makes it much more difficult for this software to work, but it also makes it that much more difficult for the average user to read and properly enter the word as well.

Yup. Just what I thought.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Poncier wrote:

That is until they (scalper scum) come up with a new program to read the codes. Which will then make our seats even worse!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Bought 2 tickets for the Incubus UK tour without a problem.....except I checked the venue and I could have got much better seats for less money if I booked direct.
    One day the world will be ready for you
    and wonder how they didn't see it...E
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    mookie9999 wrote:
    That is until they (scalper scum) come up with a new program to read the codes. Which will then make our seats even worse!
    I agree. We did get our Eric Clapton tickets last weekend, but at 10 am all that were popping up were 3rd upper deck nosebleeds. I'm cool with it, cause at least I'm seeing Clapton. My friend was pretty pissed off and didn't take the upper deck seats. The one thing I can't figure is at 10am he got in and all that were showing were nosebleeds and scattered one persons on the floor. Does this mean at 10am on the dot Scalpers already had ahpld of the majority of the tix or did it just sell out so fast cause people were online buying like 10 tickets at a time? cause, there was no ticket limit? But yeah, some of those new codes are hard to read, and it takes two or three tries to get a word I can read, the good thing is that like someone above said, they are not case sensative... YET
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Some already have it.
    red mos wrote:
    I agree. We did get our Eric Clapton tickets last weekend, but at 10 am all that were popping up were 3rd upper deck nosebleeds. I'm cool with it, cause at least I'm seeing Clapton. My friend was pretty pissed off and didn't take the upper deck seats. The one thing I can't figure is at 10am he got in and all that were showing were nosebleeds and scattered one persons on the floor. Does this mean at 10am on the dot Scalpers already had ahpld of the majority of the tix or did it just sell out so fast cause people were online buying like 10 tickets at a time? cause, there was no ticket limit? But yeah, some of those new codes are hard to read, and it takes two or three tries to get a word I can read, the good thing is that like someone above said, they are not case sensative... YET
    With everything online these days, a real high demand show can sell out literally in seconds cause there can be tens of thousands of computers trying all at once. You might think you're in at 10 on the dot, but you might be 15 seconds late with your refresh and thats enough to make a difference.

Almost makes you wax nostalgic for the days of waiting in line and on the phone.
  • Poncier wrote:
    Almost makes you wax nostalgic for the days of waiting in line and on the phone.

you can still do that. ticketmaster locations are alotted more tickets than the computer. it can be "sold out" on the comp at 10:05, but you can still get tickets at 10:15 at an outlet. the venue itself gets the most tickets and can have tickets for at least an hour.