Options

SPOON is american?!?!?

MemomanMemoman Posts: 21
edited February 2006 in Other Music
WTF!?!?! Their lyrics were so good that I thought they were british!
And on top of that.... from Texas!
Are they not british? Really? The guy sounds english....
The music is very brit-pop at times...

I'm shocked....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    Austin boys done good ! They have been playing the circuit for years, they deserve all the good vibes they are getting for the new album. Catch them live if you get a chance, they are awesome.
  • Options
    feverfever Posts: 10
    Yes, they are from austin texas and happen to be very close to my heart, and also good friends. Talk about a band that fought from the ground up and just got screwed along the way. They deserve every bit of success that comes their way. With each album they release, they get bigger, and this is without the blessing or interest of major label music industry. It just goes to show that whenever a great band releases great music, people will find out about you. They also work their asses off touring.
  • Options
    I don't know too much about them, I found somebody talking about them in a forum and downloaded Kill The Moonlight and Gimme Fiction, and they instantly became two of my all time favorite albums. The music is amazing, they get the greatests sounds from regular instruments!

Well, Gimme Fiction took about two weeks to settle in, but now is my favorite, it's awesome, unbelievable album.

They're very hard to find here in Costa Rica, but I'm getting and international card tomorrow, I'll buy their records online, true musicians deserve at least that. Thank them for me, they literally saved my life with their music!
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    Austin Texas indeed! They deserve any and all success they can muster. They've been at it and making great records under the radar for years. :)
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    They are college radio darlings!! :D I LOVE them!! They are BIG around the Austin/San Marcos area. That is how I got into them, working for the college radio station in San Marcos. GOOD STUFF!! :)

I am proud to call them my boys from Texas :cool: and I agree, they deserve a lot of praise. They are one of those bands that are Texas' best kept secrets! :D

you should download Girls Can Tell...that is one of my favorite albums from them and Everything Hits At Once<---that song just 'hits' you like no other :)

and I agree, they are AWESOME live!
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn