just picked up euphoria morning

ryantremorryantremor Posts: 28
edited February 2007 in Other Music
...and what a brilliant album it is. i've been meaning to get it for a long time and i'm glad i finally got it. Wave Goodbye is simply brilliant. Can't wait for the new Cornell solo album.
I caught a flash of flash of your smile through the fog of a dream, I'll have a hell of a time I clearly see, I can't be by your side, see you when I sleep.
- Jerry Cantrell "Gone"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Wave Goodbye is my favorite song on that album. Mission and Pillow Of Your Bones follow suit.

Well done on grabbing that album; just in time to prime yourself for the next one!
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    nice, great album.
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    Great album, however I think the 2 best solo Cornell songs of all time are not on it : Seasons and Sunshower

speaking of his new solo album, we might have already a release date (can't wait!)
    http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1&sku=616392
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    I totally listened to that on friday and I forgot how solid it was, I remembered likeing a few songs but it's really consistant. Good shit
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • I'm currently burning a copy for a friend at work. Brilliant album. Sweet Euphoria is by far the best track, but all are amazing.

Can't wait for the next one. Judging by the link, I guess he's going with the pop art cover like pj did.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Yes, I am fond of it too. Just today found it in my glovebox!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • My favorite track from the album is Sweet Euphoria, something about Chris by himself with a guitar is just more powerful than the rest of the songs.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    It's really good when I'm in the right mood, but it's kind of a like a poor man's Grace (Jeff Buckley).
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    yeah listening to this always reminds me of the first night i heard it while having few beers on the porch of my 1st apartment when the air was brisk.
    Live Free or Die!
  • i think its his best work (alongside the totd album) and if the second solo effort is half as good i'll be happy.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • oo cool
    i love that album, i got my girlfriend to get it me for xmas and what a soopa gift it was :D

CC's got a new album comin out in march hasnt he? or sometime this year
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    LOVE IT!!!! One of my all time favorite albums... My favorite is Preaching the End of the world, but I really love EVERY song on there, each one totally different from the next.

I like Fluttergirl better acoustic, hope you have all heard that!
  • The only bad aspect about this..its a shame you waited this long to get it. :p

I adore this little gem with all my heart and truly shows a beautiful, versatile side of Chris. I will always stand by what I said, everything this man touchs upon turns to gold within his music.
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • Wave Goodbye and Seasons are my favourite Chris Cornell songs... love 'em!! His first solo album was great and I can't wait for his next one :):)
  • Lisa81Lisa81 Posts: 132
    Love it. New ones out 14th May according to HMV online!
    www.flickr.com/photos/ljrw
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    I can't wait till his next album. Then hopefully I can see him live sometime, I've been waiting for Aduioslave to tour for Revelations but it is looking more and more like that isnt going to happen. Esp with Rage possibly getting back together and chris doing the solo thing.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Euphoria Morning is one of the greatest album I´ve listened in my life...it has so many variations and sounds...I listened to it a whole summer every single day.
    ...can´t wear my mask, your first my last...