Portishead love.

rexdoggarexdogga Posts: 49
edited March 2006 in Other Music
It's nice to hear Portishead on the new Victoria's Secret commercial. I wish we could get some new Portishead.
I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing.

EF-PSYCHO-03!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Whoa what? Victoria's Secret commercial?? What the? Which song is it? Interesting. Very interesting.

And yes, SO MUCH LOVE for PORTISHEAD. I created a love thread for them a few years back but it has since been deleted. This is without a doubt one of my fav bands ever. Their style, their feel...it's just untouchable and unsurpassed. And words cannot even begin to express what a blessing Beth's voice is. Whew! :o LOVE this band!

Apparently a new album is in the works (has been for a looong time). New PORTISHEAD sure would fit in perfectly with this already out of control musical year. Here's to hoping! :)

*raises a toast to belief*
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • eleonoraeleonora Posts: 3,198
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Whoa what? Victoria's Secret commercial?? What the? Which song is it? Interesting. Very interesting.

And yes, SO MUCH LOVE for PORTISHEAD. I created a love thread for them a few years back but it has since been deleted. This is without a doubt one of my fav bands ever. Their style, their feel...it's just untouchable and unsurpassed. And words cannot even begin to express what a blessing Beth's voice is. Whew! :o LOVE this band!

Apparently a new album is in the works (has been for a looong time). New PORTISHEAD sure would fit in perfectly with this already out of control musical year. Here's to hoping! :)

*raises a toast to belief*
    I agree Beth´s voice is something we can´t explain.. She sings with feeling. I love ¨Roseland NYC¨ This show is awesome!
    What do you think about Bjork? She is another singer I like.

PEARL JAM IN BUENOS AIRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    " You, you are so special
    You have the talent to
    Make me feel like dirt
    And you, you use your
    Talent to dig me under
    And cover me with dirt.."
    Indeed my friend...Beth = beyond words. :o She blows my mind. Yes, such feeling! Her voice is so haunting, mournful, powerful and just sooooooo damn beautiful. It really can't be compared to any other voice. In my opinion she is the CORNELL of the female musical world in the sense that her voice is completely untouchable.

Ahh Roseland NYC! Definitely one of my fav cds. How incredible do they sound live too?! :eek: Man, I can't even imagine experiencng these sounds first hand! :eek:

Bjork? Mmm hmmm I love me some Bjork as well. She's awesome! :D
    If you forced me to choose though I'd have to go with PORTISHEAD on this one. ;)

"Lo√e, you know the word

I just saw/heard it! :D It's ALL MINE playing. Wow! Very sexy! It works perfectly.

Agreed rexdogga, it is indeed nice to hear this. Just when ya think these ads can't possibly get any better. ;)

"Lo√e, you know the word

• PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    Yeah, it blew me away the other night when I was watching TV and I hear All Mine coming from the TV. God, Portishead is great.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • This thread deserves a Maaaajor BUMPP!!!!

I have been listening to Portishead all day. Good lord the music effects and Beth's voice..absolutely stunning. It is just the most soothing affect..like water drifting across a surface in slow cascading motions..unbelievable. Major love for this work of art. I hope its true about a new album..how to experience this live..I don't even know how one could describe. Phenomenal band.
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • This song is so soultry and the live version is absolutely unbelievable. What an awakener this song can be in ways. The music just so haunting! And in the live version the orchestra usage..what an element. Love them.

Over

I can't hold this day
    Anymore
    Understand me
    Anymore

To tread this fantasy, openly
    What have I done

Ooh this uncertainty, is taking me over

I can't mould this stage
    Anymore
    Recognise me
    Anymore

What have I done

is taking me over

What have I done

is taking me over
    is taking me over
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    I dig portishead. I've been waiting for their third cd for about nine years now!!!

Beth is one of the few female singers I can stand. I admire her use of not using sex to promote her/the band's music.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
    Thank you reachdown12! :) This LOVE bump was long overdue.
    Everything about this band is indeed stunning. A work of art to the greatest extreme. I seriously worship Beth's voice. She is a genius! This entire sound is genius. No matter how many repeat listening sessions I may have, they continuously blow my mind. This sound is like nothing else on the planet. The mood they create, the pictures they paint...everything! They are just in a galaxy all their own. Haunting, broken, hopeless and yet sooooo fuckin beautiful. I love it. It's hurts so good.
    BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BAND!

*sigh*

We'll get a new CD one of these days. :o

One of my favs....
    (one of the many)
    ;)

It could be sweet

I don't want to hurt you
    For no reason have I but fear
    And I ain't guilty of the crimes you accuse me of
    But I'm guilty of fear
    I'm sorry to remind