Oceansize

ChrisChris Posts: 116
edited January 2008 in Other Music
Any fans out there. Fantastic UK band - produced 3 amazing albums at least 2 of much i think are on e-music. They arent too well known but their most recent album (Frames) would be a great starting point. Im rubbish at descrbing bands but if pushed I would go for a more melodic Isis type of affair.

Felt compelled to share that.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I like em.. but haven't heard anything since Effloresce. That was a great album.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • ChrisChris Posts: 116
    You should definitely check out the other two albums. Both better than effloresce imho. Everyone Into Poistion is a beautiful record, Frames is a little harder and great for it too.
  • Hey, another Oceansize fan! Actually, it was on this forum a couple of years back that I was introduced to them and I'm forever grateful to whoever it was that did that. I know that nobody will agree, but I don't think there's another hard rock band out there that can stand in the same league as these guys. "Frames" is amazing, although I have to admit I was worried at first because of how much I like "Everyone into Position." Of course I also like "Effloresce" and "Music For Nurses" as well. Everything they've done has been a perfectly natural progression from what preceded into what followed.
    I discovered the secret of life, but forgot to write it down.
  • Thanks for mentioning them. It's a new band for the collection :).
    Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009