Murder By Death

ChrisChris Posts: 116
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Just back from seeing Murder By Death at Manchester Roadhouse. Fucking stunning band - fucking stunning gig. In front of 40 people before a club night. Its great to see bands close up but it kills me to see a band like this pissing about playing to two men and a dog when there is so much shit around.
So, anyone who isnt familiar - do yourselves a favour and check these guys (and gal) out. A bit of Dulli, and Cash, plus a cellist in th mix.
Anyone agree?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ChrisChris Posts: 116
    Nobody???? :)
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i am. Who Will Survive And What Will Be Left Of Them is an amazing record front to back. i went back and bought their first album and wasn't too thrilled w/ it, save for "Those Who Left", "Those Who Stayed" and "I'm Afraid Of Who's Afraid Of Virginia Wolfe". i also bought their new record and was kind of bored with it... AND i bought their spilt with Volta Do Mar,.. that was okay.

so i like their second album and that's about it. but that second album is worth picking up, really.
  • londonrockslondonrocks Posts: 177
    Who Will Survive And What Will Be Left Of Them
    Really is a top notch album, love listening to this on the way to work!
  • i saw them at a small local venue, they were touring with lucero. i had never heard them before and was pretty impressed, so i got 'who will survive and what will be left of them.' i love it. definitely a band for people who've never heard them to check out.