Jonah Matranga Covers PJ

ChrisChris Posts: 116
edited May 2008 in Other Music
Went to see Jonah Matranga (Far, New End Original, Grattitude) in Manchester last night. I love this guy - amazing frontman with such a strong history. Played acoustic set first then with full band. Midway through the acoustic sets declares he is a complete pj fanboy and throws in a cover of nothingman. Made my night. Gig of the years hands down. Shame only about 80 bods there to see it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    wow, that's awesome! Jonah Matranga's voice always makes me smile. Onelinedrawing's "Over It" is a prime example of just how happy music can make you.

i really loved Far and Gratitude but wasn't too crazy about New End Original and Onelinedrawing was always kind of hit or miss for me. glad to hear he's a PJ fanboy too!

"As Much To Myself As To You" is going to be my wedding song. the most simple, short, beautiful and haunting song i've ever heard. my lady is a big fan too.
  • ChrisChris Posts: 116
    New End Original's actually my favourite Jonah band - played a lot of that last night. Crowd seemed to be most into that and the Far stuff.
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    Always been a big fan of Jonah, mostly in his onelinedrawing phase. He used ot have a thing on his website that he would record a song for you for like 40 bucks. I had him do a song my wife loved for xmas a few years back. Her personalized it and was great.
  • ChrisChris Posts: 116
    Yeah - I did the same. Definitely the best thing I ever bought anybody. Got to meet him on Friday night. Such a genuine guy.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i went to his webstore last night and picked up the first two Far albums: Listening Game and Quick. i've been searching for them for years, hope they're worth it. i'd love to see Jonah live.