Options

Chris Cornell's neck problem

emergeemerge Posts: 22
edited December 2005 in Other Music
I just saw an old video of Soundgarden performing and Chris Cornell was having hard time trying to sing properly, I've never seen him sing that bad, it was almost pathetic. This reminded me of a conversation I overheard a while ago, they were talking about Audioslave and were saying it was lucky that Cornell could sing again, that he got through his serious medical problem on his neck. What's this about? I'd like to know more about it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I've never heard of that, interesting
  • Options
    ????????????????????what?????????????
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Hmmm. Yeah I have no idea. I know he has torn his vocal chords on several occasions. One SG show I was suppose to go to years back was even postponed as a result of such...but serious medical problems with his neck???? What in the? Never heard of such a thing and would also be curious to know more about it. Where did you overhear this conversation emerge and who is "they" that were saying this?

I know he has quit smoking and also has been taking voice coaching to strengthen and control the mighty pipes. This, imo, would be why he sounds better (not that I ever thought he was lacking but yeah...;) )
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    If he had neck problems it was never widely known, talked about. He has had throat problems before, perhaps that was what they meant but got confused
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    i always thought he looked kinda stiff and uncomfortable when performing
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    it's common knowledge (generally) that he's had surgery on his throat.

not sure what exactly..

3 culprits no matter how you look at it:

1. Cigarettes
    2. Alcoholism
    3. all that screaming he does

combine 3 with 1 and 2 and its disastorous... he's finally learning how to take care of himself... and he sounds AMAZING nowadays.. even live.. he's terrific.

after the first audioslave album/tour where he REALLY struggled,.. more so than any point in his career.. it's relieving to hear him kick ass again.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"