Anyone Seen Modest Mouse Live?

RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
edited July 2006 in Other Music
I really love their music, I was curious on how they sounded live. Do they like to mix up the setlist every night or do they keep a standard set of songs. Just wondering as I would really love to see them live some day.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    i loved them during the lonesome crowded west and moon&antartica era.. and seen them twice during this period and words cannot explain how amazing live they were back then.. i dont really care for any of their new stuff however... but ill still check out their next album if they put one out.
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    bharQ wrote:
    i loved them during the lonesome crowded west and moon&antartica era.. and seen them twice during this period and words cannot explain how amazing live they were back then.. i dont really care for any of their new stuff however... but ill still check out their next album if they put one out.

Moon & Antartica is one of the best albums I have ever heard....I really want to see these guys live....and yeah there new album is not their best....
  • I've seen them 4 times.

2 average shows, 1 great show, 1 INSANELY GOOD show.

It varies night by night...how good of a mood Isaac is in, how well Isaac can sing that night :). To their credit, each time I've seen them they've gotten significantly better...especially Isaac's vocals.

When seeing them you're always in for a good rock show with excellent music to back it up...and if you're lucky they'll breakout some older rarities (which made for the insanely good show).

All 4 times I saw them they were supporting Good News so the sets were heavy on that material. The last two times I saw them was at back-to-back nights in Minneapolis. The setlists were varied enough for me to not be dissapointed about going to both shows (as I was afraid I might be)...nothing like Pearl Jam varies their sets but better than Tom Petty does! :)

I'm hoping the new album comes out this year...haven't heard much about it though.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV