Feist- The Reminder

direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Just picked this up after work today, and I'm VERY impressed. What a stunning piece of work. Great songs, gorgeous melodies, wonderful lyrics, and those pipes...my god, those beautiful pipes! I love this woman.
"I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    I have this, but I have not listened yet. You have good taste in music so I will take your word for it.
    Cock Fight.
  • leavin hereleavin here Posts: 145
    Feist is amazing, her songs just make me so happy and relaxed. But she had one of her songs on a Lacoste commercial which didnt seem like her kinda thing to do, however the song fit perfectly and I still love her music.
    Broken Social Scene anyone?
    Vancouver 09/02/05, so far so good
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    CANT WAIT- i'll be picking this up tomorrow. I've read nothing but amazing things about this album....and now the positive vibes from Mr Wolf, i'm sold :)

....all in all a great/expensive day for album releases - Tori Amos (which I have read is her best work in MANY years), Dinosaur Jr. AND Feist
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Todd76 wrote:
    CANT WAIT- i'll be picking this up tomorrow. I've read nothing but amazing things about this album....and now the positive vibes from Mr Wolf, i'm sold :)

....all in all a great/expensive day for album releases - Tori Amos (which I have read is her best work in MANY years), Dinosaur Jr. AND Feist

Crap, I forgot about the new Dinosaur Jr. I'll have to pick that up tomorrow. I'm usually not big on reunion albums, but I've read some very positive reviews of that one. It definitely sounds promising.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • kind of a letdown for me

let it die is such a fantastic record
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i dig broken social scene, but i think i caught part of her set at lolla and it was dreadfully boring.
  • direwolf74 wrote:
    Just picked this up after work today, and I'm VERY impressed. What a stunning piece of work. Great songs, gorgeous melodies, wonderful lyrics, and those pipes...my god, those beautiful pipes! I love this woman.

awesome. i can't wait to hear it. :)
  • allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    I picked it up on Tuesday as well. I love the first two singles "My Moon My Man" and "1-2-3-4" are songs that will stick in your head forever.
  • FreshTendrilsFreshTendrils Posts: 267
    awesome. i can't wait to hear it. :)

Off topic, but your signature is terrific.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.